-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFish

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
If anyone should happen to have a under dash wiring harness from a late A, That is already damaged beyond repair, I'd like to have just one lead from it.
The dark blue with white tracer. It has a welded splice to make a 'Y' config'. Routed from the bulkhead connector to the ignition switch connector and the back of the fuse box.

1970 and later should be all about the same. You can clip the 3 ends behind the terminals too if you want.
Thanks

Bump. I would still like to get another of this #12 AWG wire.
Ran into another little item for my wish list too.
I've replaced all the tape on the engine and light harness with split loom. Several of the cars attach points are simple metal tangs.
To use those with the split loom i need 12 plastic clips like the ones shown below.

Attachments

• split loom clip.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 325
Bump
I've found I can get by with only 4 of the wire harness clips. Still looking for a source for those and I still need the 12 AWG dark/blue with white tracer.

Attaboy citation for moparman9 ( Mike )
He met me at the roadside with the wire and the harness clips. Doesn't get much better than that. :)

Reviving a thread started 04-2011 to ask again boys and girls.
Yes it took quite a while to give this wire away in approx' 5 inch pieces.
Remnants shown below.
I can continue to generate happy moparing for others without this color keyed wire but... I wont be happy. Make me happy if you can.

Attachments

• blue with white.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 263
OK... The difference between want and need can be found in Webster's Dictionary.
A wire is a wire. It's color doesn't effect its function.
When I give a short piece of wire for others to add to their harness, I like for it to be the correct color.

Ok, what I'm missing here is the importance of giving and receiving that particular piece of wire...and just random sections of it. Help me out here.

Bump to top again. Somebody installing a aftermarket wiring harness ?

I still want this wire from your trashed wiring harness

I would like to add some comments, why would you try to repair a 40 + year old wiring harness? If you are looking to have a fire under your dash, what is a surefire ( no pun attended ) way to totally your car.

Get a brand new wiring harness, and I would also look at all the wiring harnesses in your car.

good luck

I would like to add some comments, why would you try to repair a 40 + year old wiring harness? If you are looking to have a fire under your dash, what is a surefire ( no pun attended ) way to totally your car.

Get a brand new wiring harness, and I would also look at all the wiring harnesses in your car.

good luck

I don't want this wire to repair a harness.
What I do with it doesn't really matter does it ?

I've got about a 4' section of dark blue wire with white tracer & a female spade connector on 1 end. I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, but can take pics if it might be correct. I'm pretty sure it's from a 72 Demon underdash harness....

I've got about a 4' section of dark blue wire with white tracer & a female spade connector on 1 end. I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, but can take pics if it might be correct. I'm pretty sure it's from a 72 Demon underdash harness....

Pictures aren't really necessary. PM on the way :)

Pretty sure my 86 5th Ave parts car had that same wire, complete with soldered three way splice.

Just a suggestion. LOTS of those still out there and in u-pull yards.

Pretty sure my 86 5th Ave parts car had that same wire, complete with soldered three way splice.

Just a suggestion. LOTS of those still out there and in u-pull yards.

If I was able to get under a dash and get some wire I surely would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back