Do not be in a hurry to buy

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I picked up and old Honda 1982 XL100S a couple of weeks ago off a neighbor family.
I have know them since I was born.
The old bike I got running for the family 6 years ago, and they just shoved it back in the heated / AC garage it was stored in.
Nobody rode it.
There is an additional 1 mile, I personally put on it 6 years ago when I got it running.
Tires still have no dry rot.
They bought the bike new it has 269 miles.

It is not for sale, I am keeping it.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/538/yGkvop.jpg

JMZ9vT.jpg

For some reason I cant post 2 pics at a time.

yGkvop.jpg

Sweet looking bike. Don't forget to do the break in maintenance at 600 miles!

Thats a Classic! My friend had one when I was a kid. Very cool. Be careful if you ride it.

I am going to ride it around town etc.
It will be insured to the max, you just don't find stuff like this every day.

I traded my last street bike (2008 Buell Ulysses) in on my Challenger, so I have been off 2 wheels for a couple of years.

Used to daily ride my DRZ 400 to work every day 10 months out of the year, it got 74 mpg, every tank full. Best bike I have ever owned, even rode it in the snow alot.

Sweet looking bike. Don't forget to do the break in maintenance at 600 miles!

That is the first thing my buddy said.

I was down at the Honda shop this morning ordering carb and petcock gaskets, showed the parts guy a picture and told him I had to bring it in for 600 mile service, it went clear over the kids head.
He responded with anything under the year 2000 had to be approved by his service manager.
I busted out laughing, he caught on after a few seconds, he said "with the parts you just ordered I pretty sure you will not be bringing it in"

Good times just having fun with the younger generation.

I had the 185 version of that exact bike and it was reliable as hell.
Rode that thing everywhere, and gave to my riding buddy when I moved to AZ because his bike sucked! :D
Should have seen his face when I pulled up in his driveway and unloaded it.

Nice score

Love me some vintage dirt bikes. I flip em all the time and keep a few of the good ones like yours. Low mileage and untouched.

Nothing funner that a putt around the yard or block on a vintage small dirt bike!

Attachments

• 100_5507.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 225
Got this one a few years back. Not perfect but it's rare and has low mileage. 50cc 2-stroke water-cooled full size dirt bike.

Here in MO you don't need licence plates, motorcycle license, registration or insurance to ride under 50cc bikes....just a helmet and your normal driver license.

It's a blast riding it around here!

That lil Honda is a keeper for sure!

Attachments

• 100_5392.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 242
I had the 185 version of that exact bike and it was reliable as hell.
Rode that thing everywhere, and gave to my riding buddy when I moved to AZ because his bike sucked! :D
Should have seen his face when I pulled up in his driveway and unloaded it.

Nice score

I wish it was a 185, it is almost impossible to kill a Honda single.
Heck my wife's 2004 4-wheeler still has the original battery.

Love me some vintage dirt bikes. I flip em all the time and keep a few of the good ones like yours. Low mileage and untouched.

Nothing funner that a putt around the yard or block on a vintage small dirt bike!

Love your old step-thru, learned to street ride on my dads 1969 CT 90.

Got this one a few years back. Not perfect but it's rare and has low mileage. 50cc 2-stroke water-cooled full size dirt bike.

Here in MO you don't need licence plates, motorcycle license, registration or insurance to ride under 50cc bikes....just a helmet and your normal driver license.

It's a blast riding it around here!

That lil Honda is a keeper for sure!

That 2-smoke Yamaha is sweet, no plates on 50CC that is cool.
If I could get plates on the 1981 Z-50 Honda me and my kid restored years ago it would be great.

Riding Honda 50's is a blast. I don't know why but it seems the smaller they get the funner they are to ride.....I'm sure you will have a smile every time you throw a leg over either of your bikes!:D

I got my licence on a '78 XL 100 back in '78 2 weeks to the day after my 16th birthday.
Gawd i loved that bike, it was dead huts reliable and i rode it everywhere.
I sold it in '81 with 19,000 miles on it when i bought a new Honda CB 400 T, another great bike.
I would love to have a survivor bike like yours for old times sake.

-
Back