DO NOT SEND PAYPAL AS GIFT OR FRIENDS OR FAMILY UNLESS....

-
Just because we are using a wireless network to transfer money it's still the same transaction. Same ppl same money! Just a different means.
Idk how the heck that is stealing?
I don't mean this to single you out, screw with you, ect. I just want to put it into perspective. Why the hell should PayPal even get involved then? They are doing it as a free service for customers.

Somebody probably put their nuts on the line to create PayPal. They have intellectual property, money, staff,ect involved. It's not a constitutional right, it's a service. You have absolutely no right to expect their services to be free. The liberal media in this country has somehow made many people believe that business is bad, and consumers are victims. I don't even have a PayPal account, but I have read/understand their rules. Seems pretty reasonable to me. They are operating on a very low profit/high volume business model. Romper room would put them under in short order.

Some people amaze me. It’s not always about YOU. They are not here e to serve YOU. They are a business out to make a buck. If you are cool with stealing don’t lose any sleep over it.

I don't mean this to single you out, screw with you, ect. I just want to put it into perspective. Why the hell should PayPal even get involved then? They are doing it as a free service for customers.

Somebody probably put their nuts on the line to create PayPal. They have intellectual property, money, staff,ect involved. It's not a constitutional right, it's a service. You have absolutely no right to expect their services to be free. The liberal media in this country has somehow made many people believe that business is bad, and consumers are victims. I don't even have a PayPal account, but I have read/understand their rules. Seems pretty reasonable to me. They are operating on a very low profit/high volume business model. Romper room would put them under in short order.
No offense taking. I am ok with being disagreed with in a discussion and not getting upset. I think that is what sets us apart from the savages lol.
I have never seen (I maybe wrong)(lack of knowledge is not a defense I know) where it says you can't use the friends and family. It just doesn't cover you. So the imo the 3% your paying is just insurance if I and the person I'm sending or receiving money from chooses to wave that insurance to save the 3% than that is on us. I still disagree that it's stealing. Unless it is specifically wrote up and worded that the friends and family option is not to be used for receiving goods even if it is indeed family and or friends. I have never seen that but then again iv never looked.

Some people amaze me. It’s not always about YOU. They are not here e to serve YOU. They are a business out to make a buck. If you are cool with stealing don’t lose any sleep over it.
I dont see it as stealing plan and simple. I'm sorry that I dont see it your way. I can agree to disagree.
And for the record I am not cool with stealing I am a very ethical person with high regards to everyone and everything I have contact with. I do not see that it is stealing to use an option that they offer. If it was stealing or dishonest why would they even make it an option. Like I said before the 3% is insurance and the f&f is a way of waving that insurance policy. Imo

No offense taking. I am ok with being disagreed with in a discussion and not getting upset. I think that is what sets us apart from the savages lol.
I have never seen (I maybe wrong)(lack of knowledge is not a defense I know) where it says you can't use the friends and family. It just doesn't cover you. So the imo the 3% your paying is just insurance if I and the person I'm sending or receiving money from chooses to wave that insurance to save the 3% than that is on us. I still disagree that it's stealing. Unless it is specifically wrote up and worded that the friends and family option is not to be used for receiving goods even if it is indeed family and or friends. I have never seen that but then again iv never looked.

I refuse to do a copy and paste for you so if you can’t read and Understand the rules and guidelines it’s on you. I do get a chuckle out of guys crying after the fact when they do get ripped off because they gave a gift of money to someone. Lol.

I refuse to do a copy and paste for you so if you can’t read and Understand the rules and guidelines it’s on you. I do get a chuckle out of guys crying after the fact when they do get ripped off because they gave a gift of money to someone. Lol.
Ok thanks since you refuse I will go look it up myself. But you have never seen me cry. I'm not sure why you are taking thing so personal?? Do you own PayPal?

Ok thanks since you refuse I will go look it up myself. But you have never seen me cry. I'm not sure why you are taking thing so personal?? Do you own PayPal?

No I don’t but we have guys getting pissed off that they got ripped off and they to were ripping someone off. I say what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

No I don’t but we have guys getting pissed off that they got ripped off and they to were ripping someone off. I say what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
I looked it up and nowhere does it say you cant use it for goods. It even refers to it as a peer to peer "payment" !

I'm tried to copy and paste I and for some reason it wont work it copies the whole dang page. But I screen shoted it. I should have just refused to do it as well!! Lol:poke:

Screenshot_20190510-005225_Samsung Internet.jpg

I dont see anything unethical about it from that explanation!!

I looked it up and nowhere does it say you cant use it for goods. It even refers to it as a peer to peer "payment" !
I haven't looked up the rules, and I'm not going to. I honestly don't care. As I see it though is...if it ain't really your friend or family..... it's buyer beware! That's it, plain and simple.

I haven't looked up the rules, and I'm not going to. I honestly don't care. As I see it though is...if it ain't really your friend or family..... it's buyer beware! That's it, plain and simple.
I completely agree. On the buyer beware thing. But that is with anything. That's the same thing with buying an electronic device at walmsrt and throwing away the recipe! I'm not saying it's probably not the smartest thing to do but I just don't think its unethical or thievery!

I completely agree. On the buyer beware thing. But that is with anything. That's the same thing with buying an electronic device at walmsrt and throwing away the recipe! I'm not saying it's probably not the smartest thing to do but I just don't think its unethical or thievery!
No it's not thievery at all. Exploiting an opportunity is human nature. Everybody loves a deal! It's when people cry about it that drives me nuts. They're offering a free service.... don't cry when free doesn't meet your standards.

Again, the above isn't directed at you. You have proven to be reasonable over the years.

Your not insulting a friend or family member. If it happens to get lost in transit pay pal will try and help u. Kim

Exactly. Lots of other things in play here. People are still going to do what they want to do, regardless. They can be warned until you're blue in the face and they're still going to do it. Then cry when they get ripped off.

Exactly. Lots of other things in play here. People are still going to do what they want to do, regardless. They can be warned until you're blue in the face and they're still going to do it. Then cry when they get ripped off.
I can promise you I will never cry if I get ripped off making an internet purchase!!

Your not insulting a friend or family member. If it happens to get lost in transit pay pal will try and help u. Kim
That's a very valid point!! I agree with that!
Never thought about that before!

I have a PayPal account that I use occasionally. I also follow the rules. I get it that some sellers want to use the F&F feature to avoid the fee, but I won't do that. If I want the item bad enough, I will volunteer to pay the fee myself. If that is not acceptable, to me that's a red flag and I walk.

..I have seen some crazy discussions on here but....... really people? PayPal has rules, they are easily found by logging in and clicking "Fees". F&F is NOT meant as a selling/buying platform, if you use it that way you are taking a calculated risk=== period. The first rule you will see in "Fees" is 'Buying is free within the US', it's spelled out and it simple to understand.
Buying online or in-store purchases.
We don't think it makes any sense to charge you fees for buying online or in-store in the US. Spend freely (but wisely).

The second rules is 'Selling is 2.9% + $0.30 per sale.' it is also easy to read and understand ===
That's a small price to pay for accepting major forms of payment from any of the 267 million active customers worldwide. There are no hidden PayPal fees. You don't have to pay anything until you get paid for selling something. Our rates are some of the most competitive in the industry – keeping you in business and your customers happy.
If you are using PP to sell something and you ask for (or even accept) payment using any other method, you are breaking the rules.... and as mentioned in other posts, you are stealing.... black and white.

Last edited:
I can promise you I will never cry if I get ripped off making an internet purchase!!

That’s what they all say, until it happens. Then we hear I sent this guy a Friend and Family payment for a set of heads and PayPal won’t do anything about it. Waaaaa they ripped me off. I’m going to start a Facebook post about it and let everyone know that PayPal sucks. Boooo who. All I wanted to do was save myself a few dollars.

That’s what they all say, until it happens. Then we hear I sent this guy a Friend and Family payment for a set of heads and PayPal won’t do anything about it. Waaaaa they ripped me off. I’m going to start a Facebook post about it and let everyone know that PayPal sucks. Boooo who. All I wanted to do was save myself a few dollars.
You clearly don't know me then! I am the most positive, easy going,laid back, love everyone person that you will ever meet. You have never seen me personally cry or complain or boo hoo about anything on this forum. I get along (or try to) with everyone that I meet and I see the good in people and give people the benefit of the doubt. If someone screws me over 50 bucks then that's on them not me that is their character flaw not mine. But if that was to happen I can guarantee you that you will never heat about it!! Because
1) I don't ***** and complain
2) I'd never call anyone out
3) it was my own damn fault for being trustworthy and
4) I dont particularly like confrontation !
I'm not really sure why you are taking this so personal and coming after me but I can assure you that you will never hear me cry about a bad PayPal transaction! Like I said before I respectfully disagree with your opinion buts that is ok we are both entitled to our own opinions and there is nothing wrong with that!! That don't make either one of us wrong it just makes us different ! And that is a good thing. I still like you and respect you even tho we have different opinions.

Does the 3% come out from the sellers end??
So I sent 20 bucks the seller only gets 19.40?
Isnt that how it works??
So from that perspective it's not really saving the buyer any money anyways so the argument of "we are just to cheap" isn't gonna stand up long. The seller is the one paying the fees.

Does the 3% come out from the sellers end??
So I sent 20 bucks the seller only gets 19.40?
Isnt that how it works??
So from that perspective it's not really saving the buyer any money anyways so the argument of "we are just to cheap" isn't gonna stand up long. The seller is the one paying the fees.
a lot of sellers will ask the buyer to pay it, that's a negotiation thing

-
Back