Do Pirate jack disc brakes widen the front track?

-

B Taylor

Reaction score
I am working on upgrading to disc brakes and want to know if pirate jacks brake set up widens the front track by any amount? I have wheel options and want the measurements before I start.
1965 Dodge Dart GT /6 auto 9" drum

Last edited:
Compared to what, and who is "he" and why don't you just ask "him?"

The 73/ 74 OEM conversions widen the track some compared to the OEM drums......................

This info might help you?

Screenshot_2015-12-24-20-58-35.png

Screenshot_2015-12-24-20-57-06.png

The pirate jack kits are just 73+ Mopar disks. That’s true whether you get the ones that are BBP or SBP. The only difference with the SBP kit is the rotor, they’re drilled for SBP and they have a smaller (and thinner!) center register. Other than that, they’re just 73+ disks, which widen the track with compared to the drums as described in the TSB posted above.

Yes the track widens if you use the same wheels. If buying new wheels, and you plan different ones (wider) in the rear, you could get front ones with a different offset so the track width doesn't change.

Going from stock '73 A-body discs to stock '73 C-body discs narrowed my front wheel track width enough to notice.
Not quite sure on the exact amount but I think it was about 5/16" or 3/8" per side.

-
Back