Do Schumacher slant six to 340 motor mounts raise engine?

-

Veryfastdart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I purchased a set of Slant Six to 340 motor mounts from Schumaker instead of changing out my K frame from my Slant Six to 340 conversion. The motor has an LD 340 intake with a Holley carburetor and I don’t have enough clearance to close the hood. I contacted Schumaker and they said their motor mounts do not raise the engine. I have heard other people on the site that they raise them 1 inch. Anybody have any information on this please?

Last edited:
I purchased a set of Slant Six to 340 more miles from Schumaker instead of changing out my key frame from my Slant Six to 340 conversion. The motor has an LD 340 intake with a Holley carburetor and I don’t have enough clearance to close the hood. I contacted Schumaker and they said their motor mounts do not raise the engine. I have heard other people on the site that they raise them 1 inch. Anybody have any information on this please?
I went from a Schumaker slant 6 to LA conversion to a QA1 k-member and my engine sits lower now than it did with the Schumaker kit. Not sure if that would have been the case had I gone to a factory v8 k-member or not.

I did my 65 Valiant years ago using Schumacher mounts and I had no hood clearance issues.

Did you modify the left mount on the k member and redrill with temp plate that came with kit?

Did you use the right biscuits ?

They have a few different thicknesses

The holes the biscuits sit in are slotted and some adjustment can be made by
jacking up the engine just enough to take pressure off the biscuits and moving then towards the outside of the slots

Did you use the right biscuits ?

They have a few different thicknesses

The holes the biscuits sit in are slotted and some adjustment can be made by
jacking up the engine just enough to take pressure off the biscuits and moving then towards the outside of the slots
I’ll try that too! Thx

i didn't cut anything on my slant six k-frame when installing the 360 on it.

schumacher mounts should put the engine in the stock location..
You sure about that? I followed their instructions and most certainly had to cut mine.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0587/6672/1183/files/A73A6-LA6-PDF.pdf?v=1683657136

IMG_1982.png

Thats a good point though, @Veryfastdart do you have the pre 73 biscuits or the 73 and up spools?

(I approached this thread with biscuits in mind)

Ah crap, the old biscuit or spool mount difference bit me again.... lol

My apologies guys but I didn't take biscuit mounts into consideration. At least now the OP has the answer he was looking for. :thumbsup:

Biscuit mount - No cutting but there are mounts that are slightly taller than others.
Spool mount - Yes cutting involved and the engine does sit slightly higher than stock.

i've seen what some of those tv guys do when working on mopars.. i wouldn't follow anything those guys do or say.
So have I but his mount sat to high. So his mount out the box was high. Not like he made it and put it in box.

I know this sounds simple, but did you put a new Air Cleaner assembly on the 340. With that Intake, you have to have a drop base air cleaner.

-
Back