Do these #'s sound right?

-

Bonoz09

Reaction score
Many of you know i just picked up a new, a car full wight 70 duster, and have been working the bugs out for the past few weeks. Well took the car to the local chassis dyno (dynojet) and it laid down 295 rwhp/ 296 rwtq. They claimed they had a demon in with virtually the same set up as me and it was with 4 hp of my car. Just wondering what others with similar setups have made or what you'd think based on your experiences. So far you guys have been really helpful. Thanks again. i realize that the carb isnt optimal but looking for thoughts on it the way it is. Any guesses on a 1/4 e.t and mph given decent 60ft's(in my mind 1.8-1.9) are welcome

340 .030 over (lower end built up by Best Machine)
KB243 .030 pistons 10.2 compression
Edelbrock Aluminum Heads 65CC
Edelbrock 1407 750 cfm carb
234/246 @.050 .540/.525 lift 112 lsa
Indy Adjustable Rockers
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
Mopar electronic ignition with Hi-Performance Coil
TTI nickel plated headers
TTI 2.5 in full dual exhaust
Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
904 street/strip transmission built by Klem Racing
Turbo Action 3500 rpm stall converter
3.91 8 3/4 rear
17 initial , 37 total in @ 2500 do you think its ok on pump ?? (this is what the shop set it at and said it should be fine)

You don't need that much stall man, it could slow you up, and create excess cruise heat. 2500 is more than enough for that cam.

Thats Giggy's old car ! Nice ride for sure !

I dont think your to far off. Probably around 350 at the crank.

First off i love your car. Second off i'm not a huge fan of chassis dyno's as a predictor of real world performance. There ok for back to back testing if mods are being performed, but the overall numbers usually don't give a true measure of how the car will run at the strip.....too many other variables come into play. Get some runs under your belt to get a feel for the car and after a few full passes the incremental numbers and mph will tell you where your weaknesses are.

You have the potential of a very strong street car. And yes, if overall performance is your goal, i think you can do better with another carb.

300RWHP is what 400 maybe to crank? That is not bad! Dynos are cool, but Engine Dyno is the truest, so I have been told. So many things could effect readouts. But Track is best bet to understand the car.

Ive always been a believer in using the track to judge not dyno #'s. did gain 11 hp and 7 ft lbs by quick simple tweaking on the dyno though (timing and jet change) a/f looks nice and flat. should run well. Was simply just curious as to what others thought were. I will be at the track at the first opportunity.

I got a 3000 stall convertor in my Duster. With a M.P. 484 cam. I think
it works great. I wouldn't go much more if you want to keep it a street
cruiser. Mine runs 12.80's with stock heads.

I dont dislike the Edelbrock carbs but when I tried a 750 I could never get it to run as good as the 600 on my 340. When I switched to the 750 Holley it ran better then the 600

The Edelbrock carb is a great clean running street carb, but for power, put a Holley 750 D/P on that thing.

I dont dislike the Edelbrock carbs but when I tried a 750 I could never get it to run as good as the 600 on my 340. When I switched to the 750 Holley it ran better then the 600

I agree with the 750 Holley DP. My guess low to mid 12's.

I don't think you'll have much trouble getting mid to low 12's out of that combo.Prolly around 110 to 114 mph through the 1/4.Depend on how much you spinn.

-
Back