Do they make Torq Thrust D's in 5x4 bolt pattern?

-

jhaas63

Reaction score
I have small bolt pattern and was hoping to put American Racing Torq Thrust D's on it but haven't had luck finding those. Anyone know any information?

Back in the early "80's when I bought my 70 340 Dart, I wanted Torque thrusts on it really bad but couldn't find any. So I did the next best thing (in my opinion). I took a set of Cragar SS's and sand blasted them, I kept the outer rim in the satin, blasted finish and I painted the spokes charcoal gray. They looked great. That was almost 30 years ago, Did you contact the manufacturer ?

Nope, very limited options on small bolt pattern, I have been down this road before, just like alot of others here. Did you ever consider swapping to big bolt pattern?

Nope, very limited options on small bolt pattern, I have been down this road before, just like alot of others here. Did you ever consider swapping to big bolt pattern?

I have but I really don't know where to start or how to do it.

a friend of mine has a set of original 5x4 Torque Thrust D's magnesium centers, with tires, he told me $1100 for the set about a month ago. Someone painted the centers white, but said he would remove it if i, or the buyer wanted.

a friend of mine has a set of original 5x4 Torque Thrust D's magnesium centers, with tires, he told me $1100 for the set about a month ago. Someone painted the centers white, but said he would remove it if i, or the buyer wanted.

Yes, they did advertise 5x4 Barracuda/Dart bolt size rims. I'm pretty sure they were 14x6 only.

I doubt they are magnesium. When aluminum gets oxidized from sitting out sometimes people confuse them with magnesium. Magnesium will look darker than aluminum.

They did make some rims with steel rim with aluminum center. I don't know if the 5x4 americans were like that. I doubt it. The two piece rims with aluminum centers and steel outers allways sell for less than a full cast aluminum rim.

I have small bolt pattern and was hoping to put American Racing Torq Thrust D's on it but haven't had luck finding those. Anyone know any information?

I also wanted the torq thrust D's but I couldn't find them in sbp. I wound up converting to bbp so I could get them and then after. I converted I saw Summit's close copy of the torq thust's and at a hundred dollars cheaper per wheel I bought them instead (see my avitar).

American racing did make small bolt T-70 all aluminum torq thrust wheels for a few years in the early 70's . They are very very hard to find . Fenton and others made some aluminum center steel rim small bolt torq thrust copies , these turn up at swaps once in a while.

Hi. E.T Wheels makes 4" small bolt pattern wheel that is very close to the torq thrust. Check their site. Bobby

searched a looooooooooong time,I just finished redoing them.These are the two piece steel/aluminum and are 14X6 sbp.
Doug

Do those say American on them or are they some other brand?

It really is a shame,but not very many wheel manufacturers will make 4" bolt pattern rims. Just no call for it.

Do those say American on them or are they some other brand?

I never saw any stampings or castings when I cleaned them up to paint so I am not sure who made them.I have the center caps that came with the wheels but found nothing there either.

just talked to my friend, he still has the set of 5x4's, $1300, with tires, centercaps and lugnuts. pics if wanted, like i said, someone painted the centers, but he will have it removed if need be.

Yes, they did advertise 5x4 Barracuda/Dart bolt size rims. I'm pretty sure they were 14x6 only.

I doubt they are magnesium. When aluminum gets oxidized from sitting out sometimes people confuse them with magnesium. Magnesium will look darker than aluminum.

They did make some rims with steel rim with aluminum center. I don't know if the 5x4 americans were like that. I doubt it. The two piece rims with aluminum centers and steel outers allways sell for less than a full cast aluminum rim.

This guy has been a Mopar guy for yrs, i know that they are the magnesium centers

Saw those last summer at the Seattle Mopar show in Everett. I considered buying them but decided for $1100 he needed to keep them. Pretty hard to find but they are out there, just have to look.

Try MOTECH. They have some wheels that have the correct offset you'll need for an A body

-
Back