Do ya 'eat to live' or do ya 'live to eat'?

-
You neglected to mention beverages!
I hardly drink any alcohol. I can probably count on one hand how many I have a year and when I do it's Crown Royal and coke. I do however like Bailey's Irish Cream (nectar of the Gods). My wife drinks about the same as me but drinks a lot of tea and the occasional wine. I hate wine so don't touch it.

You neglected to mention beverages!
They go well with all 3 meals.. And as between meal snacks.. And sometimes as meal replacement... And occasionally just cuz you're thirsty.. and as a great appetizer before a meal.. And as a dessert after a meal.

Me, I eat to live, I do enjoy a good meal, witch comes from the lake, garden or a fresh one that grazed in the yard (eggs) I have fresh egg's one time everyday

Me, I eat to live, I do enjoy a good meal, witch comes from the lake, garden or a fresh one that grazed in the yard (eggs) I have fresh egg's one time everyday
Eggs are good protein and now saying they are good for you. Morning Mike...absolutely horrid weather here and more to come. Not going anywhere today. Over 400 accidents in Toronto alone yesterday.

All these buffets and huge meals in restaurants are killing us. We should be doing push ups and push aways from the table as well.
So very true !!

Eggs are good protein and now saying they are good for you. Morning Mike...absolutely horrid weather here and more to come. Not going anywhere today. Over 400 accidents in Toronto alone yesterday.
Man !! I hate to hear that Mark, we have broken records for cold temps this year here in Arkansas ... I sure hope thing get better up there for everyone . At my age less is more when it comes to eating and drinking

So very true !!

Man !! I hate to hear that Mark, we have broken records for cold temps this year here in Arkansas ... I sure hope thing get better up there for everyone . At my age less is more when it comes to eating and drinking
Hi Mike.... It doesn't pay to keep shoving the food and drink into you. If we do you feel sick all night and not worth it. So we are staying away from buffets etc.
It felt like -12 with the windchill last night. There have been some power outages around Niagara Falls and some in Toronto but so far so good here. Supposed to be 8-9 starting Thurs. So glad to see this so called Spring over with. Have a safe day.

Ice storm overnight. No power. Beautiful but not driver friendly!
April6.jpg

I used to live to eat.

I stopped drinking Soda twenty years ago. Best decision I ever made, I'd weigh 500 pounds now. I still weigh 300 but for whatever reason it's fairly trim. Most wouldn't guess it.

But I notice as I get older...food just doesn't taste as good. Asian food tastes like garbage now, unless it's Thai or handmade, but that buffet garbage? No Thanks. Fast food tastes like hell, too. Had a McD's cheeseburger that they accidentally threw in the bag, and it literally tasted like cardboard. I've been eating MRE's lately, they're easy and taste as good as anything else. The last Taco Bell I had was terrible in six dimensions; so bad I wanted to puke.

Unless I load my food with salt. So I am generally careful to watch the sodium. I should probably go to being vegetarian.

I drink very little soda (mainly water). I cut out salt 10 years ago and lost 10 lbs with in a month. The salt they put in processed food is ridiculous. I looked at the salt content in one slice of Maple Leaf ham. I had to take a second look, 1000 mg. Needless to say I didn't buy it. Salt is killing us because it makes us retain water and a lot harder on the heart than you think. My one downfall is fries and onion rings, I do put salt on them. Everything in moderation. I haven't eating Mc'Ds in years. Pig slop

. My one downfall is fries and onion rings, I do put salt on them. Everything in moderation.
I love onion rings, but I don't likke onions, so I cut them and but them (remove the onion) and just eat the breading
Dipped in honey mustard

I love onion rings, but I don't likke onions, so I cut them and but them (remove the onion) and just eat the breading
Dipped in honey mustard
I love onions in any way shape or form. The covering is the worst thing for your heart. lol But you only go around once so enjoy it.

Eat to live: Del Taco, burgers or more common...7-11 grub for lunch. Just too convenient out in the field. 4 bucks gets you a few dogs, an Arizona Iced tea and chips/cookie. Dropping $60 at Spires on a family of 5 kinda irks me when the wife dogs me for buying a Mopart for the same dough.

Eat to live: Del Taco, burgers or more common...7-11 grub for lunch. Just too convenient out in the field. 4 bucks gets you a few dogs, an Arizona Iced tea and chips/cookie. Dropping $60 at Spires on a family of 5 kinda irks me when the wife dogs me for buying a Mopart for the same dough.
If you can buy food for a family of 5 for fifty backs you're doing great. In Canada you'd spend double that. It used to be on average 10 bucks for every bag you have but now more like 25-30.
Then if you want to compare what we pay for car parts that another whole story. If we order something from the U.S. it costs us literary double by the time we pay for it, customs/brokerage fees and shipping.

I've always gotten much pleasure from food, that is a gift from God I accept...my fridge is stocked with real stuff, not processed. I enjoy fixing myself something good to eat and make extra to have later. Biggest downfall is sweets, and ice cream, once I start it's hard to stop and I'll throw away half the carton to keep myself from eating it all.

If you can buy food for a family of 5 for fifty backs you're doing great. In Canada you'd spend double that. It used to be on average 10 bucks for every bag you have but now more like 25-30.
Then if you want to compare what we pay for car parts that another whole story. If we order something from the U.S. it costs us literary double by the time we pay for it, customs/brokerage fees and shipping.

C'mon down...we could use another employed taxpayer.

Eliminate Pop! 10 - 11 teaspoons of sugar per can. Acid & stuff that hurts your kidneys. I swear that Coke made me diabetic.

Eliminate Pop! 10 - 11 teaspoons of sugar per can. Acid & stuff that hurts your kidneys. I swear that Coke made me diabetic.
No doubt about that and the ice cream as well. I've cut way back on the ice cream as I'm addicted to that stuff especially with caramel in it. I'm borderline diabetic.

what are symptoms of borderline diabetic if I never got my bloodwork done...physical traits?

I would rather drink than eat. Now, don't get the wrong idea, I hate alcohol. Beer is nasty to me, so
I won't touch that either. Sweet tea and a really good Root Beer is my weakness. I drink anywhere between 1/2 to a full gallon of sweet tea in a day. I know, it's not good for me, so save the lecture.
I might eat once a day, and it doesn't take a lot to fill me up anymore. I don't know why, but I'd rather have a glass of sweet tea than food.

what are symptoms of borderline diabetic if I never got my bloodwork done...physical traits?
Blurred vision, peeing and drinking more than usual, fatigue, pain or numbness in your feet or lower legs.
Got a old friend that's diabetic, lost his leg to it. If you're worried, get your A1C checked out.
My friend didn't take care of himself, when he was diagnosed, it was to late.

-
Back