Do you feel YOUNGER than the man in the mirror?

-
Well the other night me and the better half are gonna go out on the town . I get all dressed up and go look in the wifey's dressing area and look in her full length mirror . I am 47 have all my hair but 50% gray 5'9" 180lbs so not in bad shape . I just stood there and looked at myself in the mirror and could not believe who the old guy was in my clothes .

Im 32 but 12 years in the military has kicked my but most days I feel pretty worn out I workout twice a day try to eat right. But the older I get the faster these young bucks get there always messin with me come on serg. However when we get back i show them they boys cry whem I give the command front lean and rest postion MOVE. lol

I'll be 63 on Friday, and some days I think I'm 20 and others feel like I'm 80. Usually the days I feel like I'm 80 are right after a day I thought I was 20. :)

X2 on the day after,I'll turn 65 in a couple of weeks,and just did a 5 hour marathon on the dart yesterday crawling on the floor, on R&R today.

Moe:eek:ops:

37, and I have to say I feel about 37. I definitely could be doing better in terms of excersize, but I'm healthy.

My body is 48...mentally still 17-18. Feeling the creaks, pops and aches more than I use to. Especially after laying on the concrete floor under my Duster for hours on end. Was hit by a ski boat back in 93 that nearly took my leg off (in 5 places :tard:) The arthritis in that old leg can bark when the weather turns. But depsite all that, I feel real good. Now what makes me really feel old is when I look at my daughters, they turned 11 this year and good lord they are just getting so damn big. All in all, I got nothing to complain about. Am trully blessed.

Pat

Man this thread came out at the right time. I turn 38 in July and just noticed three grey hairs in my goatee, and a lot in on my head. I workout five days a week, work on my ranch, and am in good shape. However the soreness seems to stick a lot longer these days. I look back at old pics of myself and man I was YOUNG looking. I'm a product of the 90's so I used to have the hat backwards, diamond ear ring, always joking around. I'm a high school teacher and once my students saw an old pic of me when I was in my twenties and could not believe how I used to look. They said "Mr. *#*#*#...you were young...and "cool!!!!'.

Do you feel YOUNGER than the man in the mirror?

Not only yes, but hell yes.

Yeah I feel younger than I look.

Inside every old man is a young guy saying,
"What the hell happened?""

Yep,

I feel younger than I look and I like it that way....the element of surprise.
Still able to put an azzwhoopin on punks half my age so I guess that's a good thing.

I told the Daughter's from now on I am just going to punch any new boyfriend in the face right off the bat and get it over with so I don't have to watch them pushing the envelope time and again to the point where I am beating their *** out in my driveway.LOL.

Actually loving the fact that I am young enough, 41....to enjoy doing man stuff with my grand son who is all boy, fearless and totally a comedian, don't know where he gets it.
He's my adopted daughters son but like me he writes and eats left handed but throws both handed.
Gotta watch that boy because if he gets his hands on any type of tool you have lying around, chances are he will be underneath someone's vehicle "fixing it".
The other day he disappeared from moms sight and she found him under his other grandpa's dump truck "fixing the brakes." lol.
He's 2 years old which is probably why he and I get along so well.

X2 on the day after,I'll turn 65 in a couple of weeks,and just did a 5 hour marathon on the dart yesterday crawling on the floor, on R&R today.

Moe:eek:ops:

I also turn 65 in Dec and have major back issues. L3,4,5 s1 fuzed and bad just kills my most of the time 2 vicodine at bedtime everynight. Just getting Duster on jackstands is a days work but lots of good friends help me with anything big. I don't know the man in the mirror he got old.

I'm 44 and I feel it. If I do to much physical work now my joints ache. I guess I can't complain to much, my life is good.:thumbup: MMG

im 38 and still listen to the same music i did when i was 18 which tells me thats where my mind is at. i see my classmates from hs and think how old they look, then i realize they are looking back at me thinking the same thing.

wow. im 25 and i feel like that went by. where'd the last 10 years go?? ......i dont wanna get any older.............

i am also 25 and i feel the same way, the last 10 years just flew by, i remember when i was sarting college and went into a time warp to now, i dont feel like the old lady i see in the mirror, i still think im 18 even though i pretty much look the same as i did at 18. i just want to work on my cars and when i go to wal-mart, i bee line to toy section to look for Hotwheels and barbie stuff...... i usually forget my age untill my mom gets on my case and reminds me that my child bearing years are flying by and how i am being immature and not settling down LOL.......oh well....in a way it bothers me and in a way i dont care.

I turned 55 in February and feel great!

For the past 18 years, I have been excercising a minimum of an hour a day, 5 days a week and have also been taking multi vitamins for that length of time.

I can get by on 5 hours of sleep per night and work a minimum of 10 hours/day 5 days a week. I eat an apple every night before bed.
Once a year I have a complete physical and the doctor tells me just to keep doing what I am doing.

The only perscriptions I take are for my asthma and thyroid. I consider myself very lucky when it comes to health versus my age.

I'm 58, but still feel like I'm younger at least mentally. :)
Went through chemo for cancer last year but am in remission now.
Like most when I spend the week end out working on the dart I'm a little stiff and sore for a couple days.
I do feel a little old though when my 13 year old grandson comes over.

Yep like most of y'all 47 and I have lived probably twice that already,partied had from 18-23 then started a business which until the collapse was doing very well--I look in the mirror and that guy freaks me out every now and then!! Man i have a 19 year old son and a 16 year old daughter--Where did they come from? I sometimes ask myself!!! Yep the scruff on my face is grayer than my head but those gray's come from a life of hard living and busting ***!!! I don't feel my age at all,And now with the Duster takes me back to my high school days.I have been blessed with a wife that stayed with me through some pretty tough times and owe a lot to her,Hell without her I'd be under the ground already.My body feels some day's like I'm 80 but not my mind,Anyone know if those testosterone pills work--I could use a boost every now and then!!!!!LOL

Oof! it has been a hard life through my teens, twenties and into my thirties. Had a few very close calls that I thank God I made it through. I look in the mirror at the fat old guy about to turn 40 in a few weeks and he looks about how I feel. I wouldn't trade any of it or want to go back. I am finally OK financially with an awesome 6 year old son. Now what I can't help worrying about is the next 20 years or so. I am sure I will be paying for old sins.

I feel pretty good thanks to hydrocodone and Budweiser. I aint gonna lie. I took the path less traveled and its been a long and rocky road. It aint the years its the miles.

I turned 53 this past march,mentally i'm still 20's, i have the will of a 30 year old, i feel like i'm a 70 year old can't move around like i used to, sound like a bowl of rice krispies in the morning. I ain't givin up till i'm unable to hold a wrench,then take me out back and shoot me.

my favorite personal photo.

Attachments

• old man lou.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 92
I don't know how someone my age is supposed to feel. I have health issues but I don't think about them.

If I knew that I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

I'll be 63 on Friday, and some days I think I'm 20 and others feel like I'm 80. Usually the days I feel like I'm 80 are right after a day I thought I was 20. :)

I am 65 and I am with Vart. I quit looking in the mirror, I don't know that guy...lol

-
Back