do you like high gas prices?

-
Signed it. If you want to read something cool read The Deep Hot Biosphere by Thomas Gold. Real eye opener.

It's too bad that most of Washington DC is in the oil buisness!!
toolmanmike

So true toolman.. It will take more than that to get anything done. And I read today that the prices are still going up even tho we are using less. This is getting to be a no win situation. And you are right, most of Washington DC is in the oil business.

Went up 15 cents from 8am to 3 pm today at the station by my work. It's just under 5 bucks in seattle now.

Went up 15 cents from 8am to 3 pm today at the station by my work. It's just under 5 bucks in seattle now.

Yea, should have filled up yesterday myself. Went up .10 overnight here in Phoenix....paid $3.85....and I was complaining ??? Filled up 2 vehicles today for a total of $134.....:help:

$5.00 in Seattle.......getting kinda' scary.....

I believe our neighbors in Canada are paying even more than that.

This whole gas thing is getting ridiculous.

i hate the high gas prices (like everyone else) but im still gonna drive my ol V8 cars while everyone else is drivin their lil toyota gas sippers. sure there only 318 2bbl cars,but theres nothin like drivin the older cars hehe

WOW. Finally. Someone other than EVERYONE in talk radio who recognizes the true problem. Just great. For what it is worth, I signed it. I would like to see Sunoco/CAM2 purple back under $7.00/gallon.

canada right at 1.25 a liter which is 5.00 gallons my canadian customers tell me heck diesel is 1.50 to 1.75 a liter up there rite now fricken crazy if u ask me i spend 1000.00 on feul in my semi a day rite now.......

The increase in price is due mostly to speculaters,trading oil stocks.

There is no oil shortage. Just increased demand.

dont forget greedy politition too they said in the 80's feul would be this high.. but nobody believed now look our great goverment dictates everything remember friends oil and gold create our economy prices, anybody look at the price of gold lately?

When I was filling up this morning for 4.03 / gal the tv on top of the gas pump said gold was just over $1000/ounce. Gas would have been 4.13 if i had paid with a credit card.

Isn't pissing money away fun.

Paid $1.40/litre this morn in my convert...well over $5/gallon....this is just dumb!!

Can't help but chime in. We can't drill ANWR, or off the coast of CA, or the Eastern Seaboard, or off the coast of FL. No new refineries in 25 years. Thank the evioronuts and the weak politicians who cave to their silly demands. Between the onerous EPA regulations, excessive taxation, and the stupid politicians dragging the oil companies in for a with hunt over 4% profits, I'm surprised we can afford gas at all! This is completely Congress' fault! See article at this link

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26730

just got home and gas was 3.96 in Fountain Hills, az. its freaking crazy. well i think the %^*& is going to hit the fan in the next couple of years the way our country is handling things.

gas in Las Vegas is 20 cents cheaper then CA, but thats becasue of the no state tax

Yea, should have filled up yesterday myself. Went up .10 overnight here in Phoenix....paid $3.85....and I was complaining ??? Filled up 2 vehicles today for a total of $134.....:help:

im jelous of your $134 for two vehicles! im on vancouver island in BC in canada, gas is $1.35 a litre here, cost me over $100 to fill my vehicle. bah.

Compare the price per barrel per Euro and US Dollar. Since 2006, and more spectacularly since September 2007, the cost of a barrel of oil has risen in both currencies; however, the Dollar price began skyrocketing last autumn, not so the Euro, which has had a slower increase. This is evidence of the falling value of the US dollar. Only one entity in the entire world controls the relative value of the Dollar and that is the US government. Yes, you can thank most of your spineless, deluded, or completely stupid elected representatives and the bureaucrats they created.

My wife and I both signed the petition.

This all boils down to the stranglehold the World Bank has globally (even on the US). If you want to look at who pulls the strings on this planet - look no further.

And I see some of us thinks that its the demand here. I don't think thats the case at all. Reports show that we are using less fuel this year then we have in the past few years.
I also think that car makers have stake in oil compaines as well. Back in 1090 I bought a new car that got 34 MPG. Here it is 18 years later and car makers still can't get over that in the mid-size car. Come on car makers, pull you finger out of our a$$. Cars should be getting around 40 MPG by now, she-hit.
O just my thoughts here.

And I see some of us thinks that its the demand here. I don't think thats the case at all. Reports show that we are using less fuel this year then we have in the past few years.
I also think that car makers have stake in oil compaines as well. Back in 1990 I bought a new car that got 34 MPG. Here it is 18 years later and car makers still can't get over that in the mid-size car. Come on car makers, pull you finger out of our a$$. Cars should be getting around 40 MPG by now, she-hit.
O just my thoughts here.

yup, I had a 88 furd festiva that got 32 mpg with a 1.3L carb'd engine.....back when gas was 88 cents a gallon..less than $30 to drive 1000 miles... 2 door hatch back weighed less than 2k lbs

BUT car makers are in between a rock and a hard place... Americans want big cars with cool gadgets and 300HP that get great gas mileage...WE all know that something has to suffer you can't get the job done cheap, fast and good....

now take that same 2dr hatchback and add today's safety features and such and it adds almost 1000 lbs to it..... in trying to make my point I ran across this little tid bit....

http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/17/autos/honda_civic_hf/index.htm

hmmmmm

-
Back