Do you name your vehicles?

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
I have a friend that names all his vehicles and he insisted I name my Dart otherwise he was going to.
His 68 Camaro is named Heather
His 68 Convertable Camero is Brandy

He kept saying you better name it or I will name it " the *****" or " Bleeding *****" because the transmission is leaking right now.

So more or less I was forced into naming the car Sara.

Is my friend as cracked as I think he is or is it fairly common place to name a vehicle.
I always name projects but not the vehicle.

I guess the general rule is cars are girls names and trucks are guys names.
The other rule I was informed of is you can't name it that same name as your significant other, because you can get in trouble saying that your going to take ****** out and beat on her some.

What says you?

Out of all the cars and trucks I've ever owned only one ever got a name, my big RAM 4x4 is called Bubba :-D

Name it or don't name ... it's up to you. I never have. As for your friend naming his cars Heather & Brandy, maybe he's trying to compensate for something he wants & doesn't have. Dr. Freud out.

I have a 66 Valiant I call her Victoria, And is a Victory of the members here at this great site I call home. And she has been a great ship for me and has been very Valiant for me, So Victoria was born 6/7/08 here.
What a great gift to receive her here.

I am so happy and proud of her.

first%20cruze%20004.jpg

first%20cruze%20078.jpg

My Jeep Cherokee is the Jeep, the Duster is the Duster and the Ramcharger is the Ramcharger although some of my friends call it "Orangezilla".

It's not a boat, you don't have to name it. Do what you want. :)

I know I don't have to name it, but I did so to avoid hearing him call it " the bleeding *****" all the time.

To me its project Deceiver, but Sara is starting to stick.
I've known a few Sara's and they have all been very friendly to me, so hopefully that follows the name.

The Scamp is Scampy. We have a 99 Explorer, we named Honeydoo, cause it has that voice recorder thing in the visor.

My old 78 Chevy C-20 beater work truck was Brutis.
My 75 Olds 442 was Chester.
Had an 81 Merc Capri that was known as the Crapi, because it was. ;)
84 Mazda work truck was Buzz. Everything under the hood buzzed.
55 Chevy was known as Rusty, it was.
81 Malibu wagon was Woody.
83 Malibu 4 door was Spot because he had round rust spots down both sides.
Current 77 Chevy Camper Special is the Green Monster.
My 65 Cuda is named Al, after my long gone Mopar loving favourite Uncle.

My buddy had a street driven, low 10 sec. '68 Impala we used to call "The ol' Scow", does that count?

my 71 charger is the general
my 92 daytona is calle dthe boom box bc of the system
and my 68 d100 is called the big horny smurf

The wife calls my car the Stinky Fish. it has kind of stuck. I have a Jeep Liberty that i call Flipper because in the sales brochure it shows the rear glass as "flipper rear window"

I found one of those old dealer emblems in the junkyard. It kinda stuck and he was dubbed "Burt Englewood".

I don't name mine but if I did it wouldn't be a girls name,, Cars are more faithful...lol Had a 65 Charger i had Outlaw in the back window as it was my cb handle,,, It was know as that from then on

I usually just call mine "The Duster" but if I had to give it a name it would be "The Golden Cockroach" because after 40 years of neglect it still got me and my mom around town for a while.

I've tried to think of a name for my 68 dart but I can't find one that suits it. Maybe it just doesn't need one. Although my old 1978 Dodge Aspen stationwagon that was painted plum crazy and had a hopped up /6 in it was called the "Belchfire 1"

Had a '64 Plymouth Valiant slanty years ago, called it "The Blue Goose." LOL

Never realy named my cars before. Just called them buy there factory name.

I call my Dart "The Dart"

But then I picked up a 75 Duster and am changing it to a 72 Demon. I did not know if I should call it "The Duster" or "The Demon" It was not a Duster any more so I did not want to call it that but did not want to lie to people and tell them it was a Demon. So I went with both and have been calling it the "DustDemon".

Never realy named my cars before. Just called them buy there factory name.

I call my Dart "The Dart"

But then I picked up a 75 Duster and am changing it to a 72 Demon. I did not know if I should call it "The Duster" or "The Demon" It was not a Duster any more so I did not want to call it that but did not want to lie to people and tell them it was a Demon. So I went with both and have been calling it the "DustDemon".

You are building a ''Double D" , To nice. :thumblef:

-
Back