Dodge Colt

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
I remember seeing one 9 years ago. It's like a stubby little duster/demon. If I knew where one was I'd grab it just to do something different. Seems like it would be fun, not to mention most people never even heard of them. Any of you drive one? What do they drive like?

:lol: I guess even Chrysler has their "pinto" Still think it'd be cool, engine swap needed for sure.

I drove one for several year as a daily driver good gas mileage. I would put it in the same category as an old Datsun B210. Nothing good about it (mileage aside) nothing really bad either.

My wifes family had two of them for the daughters to drive and the dad, my father in law had a Duster. My wife totaled both of them from age 16-18. Ditched one of the one a gravel road and flipped it on its roof...upside down still was running. Bailed out the back and then went back in to shut off the motor. LOL
The 2nd one she merged onto a highway here in Tulsa and lost control and hit a hurse carring a dead body. LOl
She didnt get hurt on either accident...she drove the crap out of them until their departing from this world!!!:burnout:

Well I guess I got lucky because I drove one for 2 years and sold it for 2x what I gave for it, granted I did have to put a clutch in it but that was my fault racing my brothers caprice or any other small block big chevy 4 speed 4 banger was very good to me and it took me to job sites and every where some cars should have never been, I seen this one not long ago and saved a picture, it's here in the cars for sale now.. Mine was a black GT same body style as this one

Attachments

• rightsidey.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 550
How far are you willing to travel for one?

I'd refer it as "lil ****" or "mini-duster" I like the early 70s ones best. Seems so easy to work on, just re-enforce the frame and drop a mild 340 in it... I bet the tires would fly off LOL :(

PomeroyGuntzColt_zps506db80b.jpg

Well I guess I got lucky because I drove one for 2 years and sold it for 2x what I gave for it, granted I did have to put a clutch in it but that was my fault racing my brothers caprice or any other small block big chevy 4 speed 4 banger was very good to me and it took me to job sites and every where some cars should have never been, I seen this one not long ago and saved a picture, it's here in the cars for sale now.. Mine was a black GT same body style as this one

Hey, Memike, is that Rob's colt? I saw it when he bought it. If it was closer to me, I would consider buying it.

Hey, Memike, is that Rob's colt? I saw it when he bought it. If it was closer to me, I would consider buying it.

Here it is in our Mopars for sale Charrlie_S
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=239729

Same here I would be on it if it was closer and I was not stashing cash back for
Monster Mopar Weekend, I liked my Colt, drove great and trouble free, I think a
/6 on juice would make for a great strip car :burnout:

I get a kick out of people bashing the Colt. Did anyone ever own a 71 Cricket? They were British and the Colt is a Hemi Cuda compared to the early Cricket. The reason I know this is the I owned one back in the day and it was terrible! I traded up to a Vega!!

"I traded up to a Vega.." Wow, I am shocked to hear that a something-to-Vega is 'up," LOL! Must've been a pile!

"I traded up to a Vega.." Wow, I am shocked to hear that a something-to-Vega is 'up," LOL! Must've been a pile!
for those of u that weren`t around, there was a guy named don carlton, used to drive prostockers for chrysler back in the day,was a test driver for chrysler. hemi powered colt got loose and killed him. they are very squirly w/ big power-------------- --bob

...they are very squirly w/ big power...

As is almost every race car with a short wheelbase and big power.
Think 'Fuel Altered' - ever see one make a full quarter-mile pass in a straight line? That was part of the excitement of seeing them run.

We had a friend back in high school 1973 or so, who bought one new. Well my brother and I got so tired of him bragging about his gas mileage we decided to have some fun. Every other night for about 2 weeks we would go over to his house and pour @a gallon of gas in the car. He was telling everyone he was getting 65-70 mpg after it was broke in. Then we stopped, I can only picture the look on the service guys face when he started to argue with him. We never told him that it was us.

-
Back