Dodge Demon stripes. Who makes them correct

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I will be buying stripes for both of my Demons in the near future. I have seen many cars with the stripes either located on the wrong sides or they are not made correctly. Or they are just installed wrong. Here is what I have seen.

At Carlisle I looked at all the Demons there and only one car hed the stripes correct and they were on a original car with original paint.

I have installed many OEM factory stripe kits on these cars back in the 70's . There was a left and a right side and they were marked. There was a left and right fender. a left and right door and Quarters. The quarters were easy to tell because the fuel cap opening was already cut in the stripe. There was no extra to put on the gas cap.

The left quarter was the first to be taped in place due to the fuel opening needing to be in the correct place. Then the left door and then the left fender. After they were in place you would place the right side in place copying the left side for location. They did not follow the center body line in the middle of the stripe. They went up hill from front to back.

The first picture of the gold Demon has OEM stripes that were installed in 1978. Notice the quarter strip is wider on the top. but not at the door. the door and the front of the quarter were wider on the bottom as is the fender.

Another thing to notice is the cap. The handle is stripe color and there was no stripe for the cap they were all painted
I have other pictures of Demons I owned and some of others below.

I have been told by every Demon owner that theirs are correct. The picture of one of the Demons below is a new car on Mr. Norms lot with him standing buy it. I doubt they are after market notice the cap is painted as is the handle.

My question is who is making the correct cut stripes for these cars. There was a company in Florida years ago that made them correct. It was called "Mopar South" I have many pictures of Demons from back then but have not seen any at all recently that are correct.

Here is my question. Does anyone know who makes them with the fuel opening in the stripe?

The stripe kit I bought for my brown Duster recently was not even close to original. I don't want to go down that road again.

20170910_144353.jpg

18301964_1022974281169213_8041961905723350069_n.jpg

i11969.jpg

Picture 389.jpg

Picture 398.jpg

Picture 378.jpg

Picture 385.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I remember ads in the magazines for Mopar South, '80s and '90s maybe.
David Patik was in Tallahassee for several years with his company Performance Car Graphics. David passed away about a year ago, and his company was bought from the estate by Mike Mancini in Rhode Island. They are working to get the business back to full production, but aren't there yet. Maybe Mopar South was selling David Patik's products. I bought the 1968 burl woodgrain for my Rally dash from David, and it's really nice. This link takes you to their Demon page, but you can't order online yet. Maybe call and they can help you.
Dodge Demon Sizzler Stripes Blackout Lettering Decals
Phoenix Graphix is out of Arizona, and not our beloved @CudaChick1968 . Her business is Phoenix Specialty Coatings, specializing in powder coating. Because David's business was shut down, I bought the red reflective tape that came on Spring Sport Special Barracudas from Phoenix Graphix. Maybe it will help some texting idiot to see me and avoid hitting me in the rear end.
MOPAR OEM Restoration Car Vinyl Graphics, Decal and Stripe Kits

Last edited:
I've been happy with the stirpes I ordered from Phoenix Graphix a couple years ago. Bought a set for both of my Demons - only have them on the 71 so far.

Here is a picture of my Demon. In this pic, original paint and stripes. It does appear to cover the handle on the gas cap. The other picture is the Pheonix Graphics side and tail stripes installed. They came just below the handle on the gas cap. Overall I am very happy with the quality of the kit. I have seen many hood stripes on factory cars differ greatly from one car to the next. I don't see where Pheonix offers the 71 style twin stripes for the hood - just the Stinger 72 style. @PhoenixGraphix unless I missed it somewhere.

Resized952020042295133447 (002).jpg

Decals at AC3.jpg

Resized952021071395183620.jpg

These are the stripes I got from Phoenix Graphix many moons ago. I like them. Maybe not the best installation job but it is not something I do everyday.

Jack

CROPPED3.jpg

The car looks beautiful and I am sure you are burning up the track with that engine! Phoenix Graphix Inc is a licensed decal/graphic restoration manufacturer for Mopar aka "Stellantis" and have been for years. We are there largest restoration decal manufacturer and we provide automotive performance grade cast vinyl to ensure the best quality. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

I've use phoenix graphix stripes on several Darts and was always happy with the quality and fit of their products

Here are pics from the diagrams in this book, available on ebay motors. It is a scan of a factory manual and sometimes the fine print is hard to read, but better than nuthin':

DSC02493.JPG
DSC02494.JPG
DSC02495.JPG
DSC02496.JPG
DSC02497.JPG
DSC02498.JPG

More pics next post

looking directly at the book, I think the note about the gas cap says ".10 above handle on surface". I presume they didn't put vinyl on the gas cap handle, but maybe they took the handle off, installed the vinyl and then painted the handle.

Oops, I missed note 4 from the close up of the gas cap and it says "apply paint, black organisol DAF5X8 (M.S. PA21-1) or white enamel AY1GW3 (M.S.PA10-1) to area of fuel cap to match.... align with tape stripe according to (F. S. 962) or (F. S. 3774). Chrome fuel cap for service only.

I hope all that means something to somebody that can translate to English.

If you need the diagrams for the hood stripes and or paint post something here and I'll provide those.

My best wishes to the OP who I believe is in the hospital with COVID...

-
Back