Dodge Demon/Swinger is our South African Valiant Charger

-
That's awesome! I think I have some taillights I can donate....
Wow!! That's so generous of u. Hats off to u! Will look into how it can freighted to SA. Will keep in touch. I guess that there's so many of these cars around that spares are easily available? Still, ur a generous soul.... wish I could thank u in person

Duster rear only in 1970 - in 1971 Demon rear:

View attachment 1715996249
Yes Marvin ur 100% on the mark. Incidently, I have a "donor" car that is a 1970 Duster tail lights spec. That's the only difference between that and the post 70s. Everything else is pretty much the same. I wish I could regard her as a genuine donor though. She's so rusted up and run down. Only thing worth are the windows. Hoping to use other parts if I'm lucky

Welcome from Texas. Very cool Charger. Can you share some pics of the interior and dash, and engine. Would be cool to see the differences. Good luck on the restoration. If you do the Hemi Swap we have a lot of info on here. I love my Hemi Swap. But sometimes wish I had my /6 back in it for nostalgia.
Tx For the welcome from Texas! Will look into the engine ideas as time goes along. Would be great to have the Hemi Swap done. Those engines just sound heavenly lol. Will try and get some interior pics over the weekend

Very cool.

I always enjoy seeing Mopars from other countries.

Can we see inside and under the hood?

Maybe even the fender tag.

Was it orange from the factory? That's cool.

Are those Charger emblems on the quarter panels factory?

That's a kind of odd application, but Mopar does have a history of putting emblems in somewhat odd locations.
71/72 Road Runners and Dart GT's come to mind.

...and the whole stripe around the tail thing...and the pentastar only on one side thing...

I'll take pics over the weekend if the interior and what's in the engine bay. It's just the block and the gearbox.....transmission. The rear axle and diff is missing. The guy that I bought her from chucked in a rear axle just so I can push her in an out of my garage

I noticed on the inside of the panels that its white. So I would think that the orange isnt original

Yes I believe those badges are factory. The pentagon is a badge. SA has something called the AA...automobile association. If ur a member of the AA, it meant that ur car was exceptionally well maintained.

Wow!! That's so generous of u. Hats off to u! Will look into how it can freighted to SA. Will keep in touch. I guess that there's so many of these cars around that spares are easily available? Still, ur a generous soul.... wish I could thank u in person
I'll see if I can find em. They won't be perfect but ought to be driver quality

Just my opinion (because I did it). You can get an 8.8 rear end out of a Ford explorer and get disc brakes and a sure grip for allot cheaper that a Mopar rear.

Just my opinion (because I did it). You can get an 8.8 rear end out of a Ford explorer and get disc brakes and a sure grip for allot cheaper that a Mopar rear.
Sounds like a great idea. Especially since ur successful in having it done already. Will look into it.

You guys have been just so awesome. All of you on FABO, definitely a forum of gems. I mean in just a few hours and now a few days of my first post and the welcome, the feedback, the generosity, the ideas and the motivation, Man!! you guys are genuinely awesome. Much appreciated u all!!:thankyou::thumbsup:

I love it!! Welcome to the madness we call FABO!!

You can post wanted advertisements here on FABO but shopping would be high...but some sellers would be glad to ship. I'm sure!
Tx !! U guys on FABO have been so willing to share your positive thoughts and suggestions. Really appreciate it

I'm interested to see if they did the RHD on those like the AU ones where the steering gear is bolted to the inner fender vs the K frame.

...among other things.

I've also noticed that MX and South American A body cars seem to almost always have fold down arm rests for the back seat.
Will try and post some pics over the weekend. Just 1 front seat thats not even bolted down. Seems like i have alot to learn.........no idea about the steering gear. But maybe the pics to come might answer that.

:welcome: from :canada:

Way cool to see these cars were produced in SA, they were very popular in Canada and of course the US. Not surprising that any locals don't want to give up their parts hoards. Good luck with your project, start a build thread so we can all follow along.
Lots of great people here and tons of knowledge to tap.

Unfortunately, between shipping and import fees it will probably be expensive to bet parts from the other side of the world too.
Tx for the welcome from Canada! Am I correct in understanding that the bulk of the first many A-Bodies at the time were manufactured in Canada & exported to USA? I was hooked onto the Netflix series "Rust Valley Restorers" That's like Mopar Heaven!! I thought that it was just a TV show but was i surprised to know that Rust Valley is so real. Would love to visit someday. You never know, probably live therein Canada someday.

Incidentally, I'm considering relocating. Canada or USA, even Australia or New Zealand. I guess having Mopar DNA in my garage, the Americas will be a better option hey?! LoL!! Sadly, my beautiful country SA, has been on a downward spiral for the past many years. Its become stressful to live here. Crime is on an all time high. Just so heartbreaking cos its an amazing country with amazing people but those in authority are milking this country dry. And with the global economic crisis, it definitely adds to it. We're taking a huge knock. So yeah, Canada & USA are my top 2 choices to relocate to. I've been applying for jobs online but no luck yet. Holding thumbs though.

Back to the calming aspect of life....my Charger!!! I've tried purchasing a complete grill with bezels etc from someone in Edmonton a few years ago but the shipping costs were crazy, so yes ur correct. Wish it wasn't the case cos I'd purchase everything I need from the Lands of Mopar. I'm loving the positive vibe and support on FABO. U guys are top notch!!!

Very cool.

I always enjoy seeing Mopars from other countries.

Can we see inside and under the hood?

Maybe even the fender tag.

Was it orange from the factory? That's cool.

Are those Charger emblems on the quarter panels factory?

That's a kind of odd application, but Mopar does have a history of putting emblems in somewhat odd locations.
71/72 Road Runners and Dart GT's come to mind.

...and the whole stripe around the tail thing...and the pentastar only on one side thing...

OK, friend.....what do you disagree with?

There should be a 'remove" under the right lower area with the options to "agree", "like", etc.

Thanks.

Love your car.

Looking forward to seeing more.

-
Back