dodge diesal 5.9

-

tekslk

Reaction score
My son just bought a 2004 dodge 2500 with the cummins engine after reading I found out they dont include the plug for the block heater. Where can you buy it?

Or your local Dodge dealer if you want to pay a little more.

What do you do with that? Charge the truck up? Just kidding no need in sunshine state. :-?

OK thanks I will try some other napas tomorrow and a dodge dealer nearby.

Block heater cord is an option nowadays. One came on my 1995 Dodge when it came from factory but had to order one for the company's 2006 Dodge.

Just think if they leave them off the vehicle at say 15 dollar cost, and they build 2,000,000 they save a bundle. Sortalike leaving trunk or under hood lights out of cars, such little things save them millions.

Just think if they leave them off the vehicle at say 15 dollar cost, and they build 2,000,000 they save a bundle. Sortalike leaving trunk or under hood lights out of cars, such little things save them millions.
Yep,save's them milions and still charge an arm and leg for the vehicle.:D

The mopar one comes with all the correct mounting clips, I would recommend that one, even though it is more expensive.

My son just bought a 2004 dodge 2500 with the cummins engine after reading I found out they dont include the plug for the block heater. Where can you buy it?

have you looked to see if its there? i did some reading and it looks like the cold weather states had came with the cord factory up to 04. now i am not saying yours did come with it but it wouldn't hurt to look.it might be rolled up and zip tied out of the way. also i think the cord from the dodge dealer is around 50 dollars. here is a listing i found on the orileys web site. i am going to order one next week for my 2011 cummins truck. genos has them for i think 15-16 dollars but then you have to add shipping. hope this helps. thanks mopar65

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...=Search_01369_1424652_4040&pt=01369&ppt=C0332

-
Back