Dodge LA to magnum heads

-
Could call them "stud mounted" no? or is that more SB Chevy. Ford Windsor is pedestal mounted right?

Could call them "stud mounted" no? or is that more SB Chevy. Ford Windsor is pedestal mounted right?
They're 'bolted' down factory. No nut. No adjustment aside from the push rods or washers under the rockers to raise them which many do. Something like "raise it .050 for every .100 more lift over stock" 'pertaining to stock stem height* So with that thinking you'd raise the rockers .050 when using .100 longer valves then another .050 per hundred more lift if that were the case. -pertaining to stock rocker arms*

Studs?
Stud conversion is simple and commonly converted to.

Last edited:
Come back @Brodrdude, let us help you out. Hell, when I was 26 years old I was chasing British women around their country. I was driving a British right hand drive Ford Granada (which was a great car, btw)
Looked just like this, even the same color. 4spd manual.
tractors.jpg

We have all that here, no need to link another site. Besides.. that's kinda tacky .

This Thread started out with a bunch of fuzzy information and he has some confusion as to what is what. We all know the 411 on this crap.
the thread was started by a guy who didn't know. all I did was point him to a site where all the info was compiled into one spot where the explanation is without sarcasm for not knowing better. he's asking questions, so he wants to learn. we are here to further the hobby and share information for the betterment of all. the tacky part is you assuming we are all as smart as you think you are.

the thread was started by a guy who didn't know. all I did was point him to a site where all the info was compiled into one spot where the explanation is without sarcasm for not knowing better. he's asking questions, so he wants to learn. we are here to further the hobby and share information for the betterment of all. the tacky part is you assuming we are all as smart as you think you are.

Need a bandaid and kiss on the forehead ?
That's all you... no one said anything like that. If you brought a spoon to a steak dinner and started asking us if it was right type of spoon... you would get the same response= huh???

Turns out... he is talking about magnum heads...but isn't using or planning to use them, he confused yrs, parts.. and terminology. He's in good shape now. He has located a decent set of 308 heads 'from the pic he posted' and imo there is no need to continue on with magnum conversion talk at all.

Go look into the magnum forum here and you'll see all the info you need pertaining to head swaps, drilling manifolds, drilling heads, headers, rockers, studs, plates, pushrods etc.. you need to know about.
Otherwise be a class act and PM the other site links out of respect at the very least for this site.

Have a great day.

I didn't see where anyone was smart or talkin down to the guy. Every post I've seen was honestly helpful.

Come back @Brodrdude, let us help you out. Hell, when I was 26 years old I was chasing British women around their country. I was driving a British right hand drive Ford Granada (which was a great car, btw)
Looked just like this, even the same color. 4spd manual.
View attachment 1715780406

Now that was a cool lookin Granada. I have a Granada story. When I worked for a local family tire chain years ago, I was the alignment mechanic. One of the salesmen came toolin around in a late 70s Granada.....two door. Which....even as ugly as they were, I immediately thought it was kinda cool. So I go out to pull it on the rack.....It's got buckets and.......a FOUR SPEED! Factory stuff, too.

So I get it on the rack and pop the hood.....and dammit if it ain't got a 351W. What a RIDE!!! LOL It was in pretty bad mechanical shape, but the old guy had taken good care of the paint and body and it actually looked good. He ended up not fixing it and I've always wondered what happened to it. They couldn't have made very many.

Now that was a cool lookin Granada. I have a Granada story. When I worked for a local family tire chain years ago, I was the alignment mechanic. One of the salesmen came toolin around in a late 70s Granada.....two door. Which....even as ugly as they were, I immediately thought it was kinda cool. So I go out to pull it on the rack.....It's got buckets and.......a FOUR SPEED! Factory stuff, too.

So I get it on the rack and pop the hood.....and dammit if it ain't got a 351W. What a RIDE!!! LOL It was in pretty bad mechanical shape, but the old guy had taken good care of the paint and body and it actually looked good. He ended up not fixing it and I've always wondered what happened to it. They couldn't have made very many.
A friend had a Granada, 351,C6, 9". He towed his 68 Super Stock Mustang to the strip with it.

A friend had a Granada, 351,C6, 9". He towed his 68 Super Stock Mustang to the strip with it.

They are so ugly, they are cool. @inkjunkie Doug has one in his photo collection that races at a track where he takes pictures. It's pretty cool lookin.

They are so ugly, they are cool. @inkjunkie Doug has one in his photo collection that races at a track where he takes pictures. It's pretty cool lookin.
My Old friend Billy had a 80 something Granada about 25 yr ago now... We beat the crap out of that car. It was toast under the hood..so we put motor honey in it and sold it for 900 bucks. Good riddance to that pos.lol

My Old friend Billy had a 80 something Granada about 25 yr ago now... We beat the crap out of that car. It was toast under the hood..so we put motor honey in it and sold it for 900 bucks. Good riddance to that pos.lol

Motor Honey is good stuff. I've used it for assembly loob in the past.

Pulled my own mag'um heads today, off my truck. Cracked and burning exhaust valves.
Weeeee

Pulled the valve springs and tested a few...
80-90lbs [email protected] max to coil bind.
I have replacement "sheistmaster" mag'um heads ported, 1.94/1.60 255/200 cfm int/exh 60.5-61cc chambers with comp 986 springs 132 seat and 240-250 [email protected] [email protected].. .065 washers under the rockers give about .025-.030 preload.. rockers are cutting it close at that height..but I dykem tested with a rubber mallet and it's in the ball park. Will the rocker bolts hang in there with 50lbs more spring. 130 is getting near the roof on the cast roller I know.. lol ah yeah..isnt this fun. Finishing it up tomorrow.
Plenum sucked a layer of the gasket of course... it was sucking oil too... scraped crust from pistons....no ridge @290k.. dont know if the motor had been changed before though...

20210813_190639.jpg

20210813_190653.jpg

20210813_190708.jpg

-
Back