Dodge Plant Codes

-

HTRTrash

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a plant code "L" for 1968? I find no information on this ine.

Are you sure it's not an ''E''?
That would be Los Angeles and it might be stamped shallow enough to look like an ''L''.
Post pictures if you can and be sure to look at the back side, it might be more visible from there............

Are you sure it's not an ''E''?
That would be Los Angeles and it might be stamped shallow enough to look like an ''L''.
Post pictures if you can and be sure to look at the back side, it might be more visible from there............
Stamped in 2 places on the body. No doubt, it is an L.

1968 & back body numbers are the SON, not the partial VIN.

Is it a Dart?

Looking at my code book. There is no plant designation of L.
A= Lynch road,Mi
B= Hamtramck,Mi
C= Jefferson, Mi
D= Belvedere, Il
E= Los Angeles, Ca
F=Newark, De
G= St. Louis, Mo
P= Export
R= Windsor, On

Those should be the 8 digit in the vin. This is all that's listed for the 68 in the code book.

1968 & back body numbers are the SON, not the partial VIN.

Is it a Dart?
He's right, it's the shipping order number stampings, not the V.I.N. in this year.
1969 was the first year they stamped the V.I.N. in those places instead of the S.O.N. and it continued for the rest of the years.............

He's right, it's the shipping order number stampings, not the V.I.N. in this year.
1969 was the first year they stamped the V.I.N. in those places instead of the S.O.N. and it continued for the rest of the years.............

Thanks for all of the information.

-
Back