dodge rat rod

-

59dodge

Reaction score
Hello my name is Allen and from Ohio I have been a Mopar fan my entire life I purchased my first car 46 years ago a 1948 Plymouth coupe from my father for $1.00 at age 13 and fixed it up and drove it to school when I got my license at age 16 and still have that car in my garage.I always been a big fan of the inline six mopars and have had several flat head six cylinders that have been modified with things like cams aluminum heads 2 1bbl carb intakes and split manifolds or headers built from scratch.
My current project is a 1959 Dodge step side pickup truck that I sat on a 1985 Dodge D/150 truck chassis channeled over the frame 1 foot making it the height of a beer can from the ground to the rocker panels.
What I am building is a Rat Rod and trying to keep the cost at around $3000.00the drive train is a 225 slant six with a 904 automatic tranny out of a 71 Duster and converted it to electronic ignition and am partial to the 2 one barrel intake manifolds that I ran on my flat heads , but could not find one with in my budget for my slant six so I ordered flanges online and tried to build my own from scratch intake and headers but when we got them all hooked up the intake leaks gas where it bolted to the head at on spot and around a few of the welds I did not have a tig welder we used a mig and think that was some of my problems so scratched that idea and for now just put the stock 1bbl intake back on with the stock exhaust manifold until I can locate a set of manifolds.
I have searched and searched and found out Offenhauser built such a manifold and purchased a linkage kit from Exeter in California but no luck on a intake so far or headers for my truck chassis except for a company in Australia but their prices are way more then what my budget will allow for my rat rod project , so I thought about looking around the A body sites since the A bodies ran the slant six more then the other bodies.
If there is any body that has such a intake or header for my project that is with in my price range I would like to hear from them so that I can get this Rat Rod project on the road with the nostalgic look that I am wanting ?:prayer:

Attachments

• Picture0922152209_1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture0902151719_1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture0820151955_1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Picture0902151714_1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture0913151126_1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 186
Welcome to FABO 59dodge . For parts for your project you could look in the classifieds.

Looks like a real cool project you have there.

Cool project. I'm a big fan of the '58-'60 trucks.

Since you're running an auto, you might be able to run a set of Clifford's headers, similar to these:

http://www.shop.cliffordperformance.net/Mopar-225-High-Starter-Dual-68-Headers-55-0010.htm

I have these on my Barracuda, and while the outlets point at the z-bar for the clutch setup, it looks like they would clear a slushbox application with a little fab.

Hooker also makes their Super Comp headers to fit the /6, but they are long tube headers and considerably more expensive.

that Offy slant dual 1 bbl intake shows up for sale occasionally on feebay, here, and slantsix.org. one was on here month or 2 back for sale. try the search engine, he might still have it?

Welcome, for a header try one for a car, there is alot more real estate in that truck than a car.
It should fit.

-
Back