does an RB have to be bushed for a Mech Roller Lifter

-

tooslow

Reaction score
Does a stock block 440 have to have lifter bore bushings for a Mech Roller lifter?
Is it easier to run a Hyd roller lifter than a Mech Roller lifter?
Who makes the best Roller lifters for a BB ?

Nope, but they are Damn pricey! Can't understand why there is such a price difference between the "Other" brands and Mopars. Doesn't take any additional work to produce these things.. Pisses me off! I guess I am cheap but Damn!!

Your choice as far as Hyd. vs Mech..

I have used Comps with no issues.

it's always easier to run hydraulic than a solid, no rocker adjustment needed. if you have a street hotrod and don't need to rev past 6000rpm they'er fine but above that and you have the same problems as with a hydraulic flat tappet. the best roller lifter in my opinion are crane but others may have found another brand as good or better. i've never bushed the lifter bores in any of my motors.

I am going hughes Hyd roller and lifters. Hughes tailors to mopars and they are receptive and seem to welcome questions. They have good tech instructions.

I've heard through the grapevine that Hughes' hydraulic roller lifters are actually Hylift Johnson lifters, which have a reputation as being some of the best you can buy.

Topline manufactures them now and from their website:

In 2004, Hylift-Johnson Lifters was purchased as a division of TopLine Automotive Engineering. The previous Hylift O.E. lines that were in Zeeland, MI have now been relocated to the Muskegon plant. These high quality flat mechanical tappets, lash adjusters, buckets and encapsulated hydraulic roller lifters are being produced by the original Hylift machines and team. The same people that brought you “The Beautiful Lifter” are back manufacturing with precision and a dedication to quality that has not been seen in the lifter business for quite a few years. We feel the real value is not in the equipment or the plant but with the employees who have over 600 years of Hylift experience. Topline Hylift Johnson will continue its historical way of going to market by traditional means of distribution through a select group of customers.

Southernman

-
Back