Does anyone have accurate flow #s for the Speedmaster SB Heads?

-

racerdude5

Reaction score
I'm looking for some representation for how well the Procomp/Speedmaster Heads for small block Mopars flow, I haven't been able to find any technical data on them. Has anyone had any issues with the actual casting of the heads? What is the most power have you guys made with them? Also, what is the most power you guys have made with Edelbrock RPM heads? Thanks for your response

They are pretty much a Chinesium carbon copy of an Eddy head. I've never flow tested one, but in IMO they probably flow about the same. I have dealt with a number of them for brand X applications and can tell you the quality is sketchy at best. Guides, seats, valves, springs, ect are all poor quality, not to mention the machining.
Buy them bare and have a good shop go over / assemble them with quality components and you'll be ahead of the game.

I've made 590 HP with heavily ported Edelbrock heads on a pump gas 10:1 solid roller 360.

I just bought a set. I will say the castings appear very nice but i don t trust anything made in china. I love chinese food tho. I do agree they need to be fully checked out to make sure they perform like they should.

The core shift quality is pretty much even between the two. Seats, guides and valves, the edge goes to the RPM. The OOTB flows and ported flows are about equal with both that we've worked with. 278-283 cfm range at .500" lift and low 290's at .600". Best horsepower w/423ci, single 4bbl, normally aspirated, and 91 octane pump gas was 600HP.

I got a set of the Cnc small block heads...have not used them..but the cnc work and assembly of the head is done by a machine shop down the street from the warehouse in Southern cal

Mike at Mrl seems to like them and that's what I ordered. He gets them bare and assembles himself he said the castings are nice just the hardware isn't the best. Also he told me the heads are cast in Australia not China. They ship to China and that's where final holes are drilled and assembled

-
Back