does anyone have their sending unit out???

-

gniknayrb18

Reaction score
im looking to change my fuel tank sending unit from 73/10 to 240/33 and i just need to know a few things before i order the parts...i have a 72 dodge demon so any body that has the same unit will work...does the actual sender come off the tube? or is it spot welded on

"The thing" you have pictured below is for an entirely different tank setup, for an entirely different "movement" and for an entirely different gauge movement. Please ask the COMPLETE question

What you you have asked here is the "V" part of the "W" of "What or more accurately, maybe, you have asked the " \ " of the "W" of the word "What" that is to say you are only asking a tiny part of the real question.

I have one like the photo ($45 ebay special). The potentiometer housing is welded to the tube. The cover is removable. Indeed I had to do so (bend tabs) to tension the wiper to get a smoother reading. Why you want to remove it is confusing us. Care to share your special design idea?

Well Bill the bottom unit is what I call a "Stewart Warner." That mount flange fits stuff like older GM pickups (in the '50s) and was sold by SW and I used one (a short one not that long one) in my old Landcruiser

I have seen ones like the bottom one marketed as a "universal fuel gage" in the past. Only universal if you cared to cut a big hole in your fuel tank to drop the sender in from the top. I wonder how many kids had a tank blow up in their face trying that. Today, I think they are sold more for new custom "fuel cells".

i am trying to convert the 73/10 to 240/33...i bought custom gauges and have to convert it over to the gm style/universal style so it will work with my gauge. all i need to do is pull out the sending unit and replace it with a universal one

I don't know if this pic will help you or not, but here is the original sending unit from my 72 Demon....

Attachments

• Original Fuel Sending Unit 002.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 143
Does anyone have their sending unit out???

[ame]http://youtu.be/EYlDbv7MqE8[/ame]

I understand what you want to accomplish, I changed my sons Dart over to VDO gauges and while the Ohms values are close I would still like to make it better. Look on-line at Techno versions Meter match, it is an small electronics box that can match up different ohms values Gauges/Senders. It would be alot easier if it can do what you need. I believe there are other Manufacturers of the same idea also. Mitch

thank you slider.. i just sent them an email to find out if there product does what i need it to do and if so i will give you guys the review....and not that expensive...no more than ordering a universal sender

Nice Clapton vid, C. He's a great rock/blues guitar player.

thats pretty funny there kuda...made my mornin

I love sound bytes from movies that fit into daily conversation. Blazing Saddles has lots of them. Here's another one of my favorites...

[ame]http://youtu.be/jGQ-ISsDm8M[/ame]

Here's more of the scene where that came from...

[ame]http://youtu.be/493pL_Vbtnc[/ame]

-
Back