Does anyone have this color interior ?

-
It has been probably 12 years but front buckets and rear seat upholstery for my 66 was around $1000. Black though and no special color. Some of the unusual color material is specially made or is NOS material from back in the day. It simply cost more.

73 Dart. Spit bench seat with no armrest. This color was extremely popular on a lot of 73 Darts. I describe the color as tan / goldish brown color. Has anyone found this color seat covers available anywhere ?

View attachment 1715557677

View attachment 1715557678
Do you have any damage other than the inner pleated area? A good upholstery shop can replace those. Should be a lot less than a new cover.

Do you have any damage other than the inner pleated area? A good upholstery shop can replace those. Should be a lot less than a new cover.
Mainly the stitching came out of 8 inch pleated area. That’s where it ripped. You can see where I sewed it back up in the second picture. This material of interior is different from my 69 B body. This vinyl is much lesser quality. Almost feels like a paper. Where my B body Car feels like genuine vinyl/leather.

In the second picture, you can see a spot where the back of seat meets the base. That part is hardly noticeable and I’m not going to be able to repair that myself. It’s ripped in a very small spider shape.

I realized they wouldn’t be cheap. But, damn $1200 for one damn cover ? Thats not gonna happen. I could understand one cover being an odd color ranging from 5-700 hundred. $1200 is beyond stupid. But, that’s Classic Industries for you. Everything about that company is a rip off. Down to their advertising gimicks, prices, etc.

I bought various things from them when I was first purchasing parts. Ran into issues with their prices being high, high shipping costs, took them forever to ship out packages (even before the pandemic), and would often shop around. Found other companies selling the same products for the same price or cheaper, with cheaper shipping, and faster as well. Too bad CI ends up first in search results.

Legendary runs a sale I believe around Novemberish- like 20% off. Their quality is amazing

-
Back