does anyone know what thease are?

-

mrsmothers

Reaction score
When I got my 65 cuda in was in a million different pieces. Does anyone know what these are and where they go?

Attachments

• 20150906_104026.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 469
  • 20150906_104011.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 459
The one on the right looks like a splash shield, it would go behind one of the front tires inside the wheel well.

The other might attach somewhere under the driver side frame rail maybe? Possibly a splash shield for the starter area.

The long, skinnier one is the rear splash shield for one side of the front fender area, it keeps the dirt from the wheel from splashing up on the door hinge area! The other is the front splash shield, which keeps the wheel from splashing dirt up in the headlight bucket area! There should be 2 skinny ones and 2 of the others, one for each side! They are also side specific, meaning they only mount on one side! A little jigsaw puzzlery should find them a home in these areas!!!^^^^

Is your screen name Mrs Mothers or Mr Smothers???

Ditto above, and great yours don't appear rusted, especially in LA. Perhaps the PO bought used ones from CA or AZ. The big ones that go in the front are tricky to install. At the top, two bolts go upward into the holes w/ welded nuts on each side of the light cable feed-thru hole. BTW, Dart and Valiant front splash shields don't interchange, don't know about Fish (yours look closer to my Dart's). You also need rubber lips that clip on the outer sides. I cut neoprene rubber sheet to replace my degraded rubber. At the top, a paper-asphalt type piece clips on. Yours looks intact.

Detroit Muscle Technologies makes a rubber kit for these splash shields with correct extrusions.

Dose any one have a picture of them installed
Yea I got lucky there is no rust any where

here are 3 pics, I have no inners so you should see it pretty good, pardon the pink hue.

Attachments

• IMG_20150910_211400718.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20150910_211333326.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20150910_211318278.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 162
-
Back