Does anyone know what this plug is for 1966 formula S

-

Capt46

Reaction score
IMG_0294.JPG

Not sure what it was used for but it's not factory. That's an old electrical receptical
normally found in houses,buildings etc.

Not sure what it was used for but it's not factory. That's an old electrical receptical
normally found in houses,buildings etc.
I remember when I was a teen I had an ole Norton commando and it had something similar you could use an electric shaver.

May have been used for some type of work light?

That is nothing that comes on a b cuda S car. Some home brew plug. Like others say, probably for a work light seeing as it's in the engine bay.

See here. That type of receptacle was already obsolete in '66; some previous owner had it kicking around in their garage and hacked it into the car for some purpose or other.

This is an example of them there new fangled stear-e-o jacks all the kids are using to listen to their rock and roll music.

This is an example of them there new fangled stear-e-o jacks all the kids are using to listen to their rock and roll music.

Hey Slyeng1....Back in the 60s there were no rules...we broke every single one of them...LOL!!!
SEX, DRUGS and ROCK & ROLL!!!! YEEEEEHAAAA!!!!

Treblig

So did we ever find out what it is?
Come on man - I'm loosing sleep over just knowing.
Capt46- your fans await your answer.

So did we ever find out what it is?
Come on man - I'm loosing sleep over just knowing.
Capt46- your fans await your answer.
From what I can tell it was wired to the firewall junction, to me it appears as a socket for old lighting or possible 12 volt accessories way back when..........

Looks like this is what plugs into it:

Clipsal connectors

220px-T_configuration_01_Pengo.jpg

Clipsal 492/32 DC plug, not wired
In Australia, a T-configuration Clipsal socket is used for extra-low voltage DC power outlets, such as in stand-alone power systems (SAPS) or on boats, in order to prevent accidental connections of 12 V appliances into 240 V socket-outlets.[11] This connector is also used for temporary equipment in emergency vehicles.

The connector pins are mutually perpendicular, and are usually oriented to look like a capital T. In the state of Victoria, the top of the T is taken to look like a minus sign, and has been assigned to negative polarity. In the rest of Australia, the vertical pin is assigned to earth/chassis ground, consistent with Australian Standards for Type I 240 volt outlets; therefore, the top of the T is positive on a negative-earth vehicle. Older positive-earth vehicles are still in service, so actual polarity at the outlet can be random, and must be verified to avoid equipment damage.

Treblig

Looks like this is what plugs into it:

Clipsal connectors

View attachment 1715016414

Clipsal 492/32 DC plug, not wired
In Australia, a T-configuration Clipsal socket is used for extra-low voltage DC power outlets, such as in stand-alone power systems (SAPS) or on boats, in order to prevent accidental connections of 12 V appliances into 240 V socket-outlets.[11] This connector is also used for temporary equipment in emergency vehicles.

The connector pins are mutually perpendicular, and are usually oriented to look like a capital T. In the state of Victoria, the top of the T is taken to look like a minus sign, and has been assigned to negative polarity. In the rest of Australia, the vertical pin is assigned to earth/chassis ground, consistent with Australian Standards for Type I 240 volt outlets; therefore, the top of the T is positive on a negative-earth vehicle. Older positive-earth vehicles are still in service, so actual polarity at the outlet can be random, and must be verified to avoid equipment damage.

Treblig
Excellent response, interesting the original owner worked for the sheriffs dept. in Sun City, Arizona. Maybe this was his patrol car and he would plug in the Mayberry roof lights, as he chased the old gangsters in vegas.

Excellent response, interesting the original owner worked for the sheriffs dept. in Sun City, Arizona. Maybe this was his patrol car and he would plug in the Mayberry roof lights, as he chased the old gangsters in vegas.
I am going to leave it there and use it for Christmas lights, wreath maybe for the grill.

-
Back