Does anyone use these anymore?....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Was down at the local speed shop. (Used to work for him,). He does a lot of B/RB and Chev Rat builds. Started digging in the back inventory room. Found a crusty Victor head set box. Had steel shim head gaskets,with 6 bolt holes per cylinder.Found a part number,crossed it. Pointed to 64/65 OEM Hemi steel shim head gaskets. Does anyone even use this stuff anymore?

Was down at the local speed shop. (Used to work for him,). He does a lot of B/RB and Chev Rat builds. Started digging in the back inventory room. Found a crusty Victor head set box. Had steel shim head gaskets,with 6 bolt holes per cylinder.Found a part number,crossed it. Pointed to 64/65 OEM Hemi steel shim head gaskets. Does anyone even use this stuff anymore?

are they .020 thick?

Nothing wrong with old steel shim gaskets. Cork wil ldry and shrink, rubber might do the same depending. But the shim head gaskets are timeless unless they get bent or rust.

Nothing wrong with old steel shim gaskets. Cork wil ldry and shrink, rubber might do the same depending. But the shim head gaskets are timeless unless they get bent or rust.
X2-I would get them and sell them Im sure sumone well buy them..Artie

I've never seen cork head gaskets before.

But to Tim, I like the steel shim head gaskets. I always coat them with Copper Coat and of course, they have to be retorqued. They can stand lots of compression and can add compression when compered to other types of head gaskets.

So "an old Victor head set" doesn't include anything besides head gaskets? Gotcha... lol

So "an old Victor head set" doesn't include anything besides head gaskets? Gotcha... lol

You're on an overdose of smartass pills lately Dave.

Hell Moper,it's a 30 year old box,with the application marked for early 60's 361,lol. Hell the dust on the box,is twice as thick as the gaskets themselves.

Hell Moper,it's a 30 year old box,with the application marked for early 60's 361,lol. Hell the dust on the box,is twice as thick as the gaskets themselves.

Then use the dust to make a gasket out of....

I had the pleasure of "finding out what's in..." a small room adjacent to an upstairs parts room when I worked for the local plymouth dealership in the 90s. I can relate...lol. I found Studebaker packaging, R-12 1lbs cans, oil filters, Thermoquad small parts kit boxes (the big dealership ones, not carb kits), 426 Hemi parts (only a few rockers), etc. I made a deal with the owner and ended up buying and reselling a bunch of stuff from that set of shelves.

RRR - No changes in dosage. :D

so these are for a
b,rb motor the way I was reading they were for the old hemi,if there for a b,rb motor what do you want for them whats the part ####on the box?..thanks Artie

No 6 bolt HDMI pattern,Artie. I have known this guy 25 years,never seen him work on a 426....

-
Back