Does the connecting rod length change on a stroker

-
Production cars have now started using variable compression ratio. Instead of trying to figure out variable connecting rods, they figured out how to mount the crankshaft in a moveable pivot.
Way too many moving parts and complexity for me, but it is very interesting to read about.

Sliding cylinders like on a VW and use the pneumatic valves as on F1. If your wanting variable compression, put a "brick in the toilet" and make a variable length piston in the roof of the chamber that can lower or raise itself (on a very slight lobe of a camshaft) to pick up a point or 2 at full extension and then pull back to drop a point. I imagine a semi spherical piston that would not have heat spots or disturb flame front that much. How about a threaded piston crown than can unscrew and gain 50 thou? Carry the rings with it. Use a tool through the pent-roof spark plug hole to unscrew the piston and then lock it down. There is a single piston motor that has a sliding cylinder that they use to determine pinging level of gas. Imagine the crank in an offset bushing that can turn and change the centerline of the crank? I imagine that is viable if you can figure out the timing chain or belt issue.
94510%3A4510-5-HWC_0.jpg

^^ Mind blown.......!^^^ That is brilliant putting it in the little end. didnt think of that.

-
Back