Does your S/O like your early A-body?

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
I took my wife and son to pick up my 66 Dart. When she saw it she was speechless..........really. :lol:

Her first words were "That's an old lady car!" Her next ones were "Your not selling the Cutlass!" :lol:

She loves it.........I can tell.

I've owned mine 3 years now and she has rode in it 4 times. She still gets mad when I work on it and I am not in doing dishes or cleaning house. LOL
toolmanmike

My wife thinks it's 'cute,' but my 4-year old son tells random people in line at the grocery store that we have a 66 Dodge Dart GT! At least he thinks it's cool! :)

My wife seems to be alright with the idea of another project in the garage, see doesn't have to listen to me complain about the home improvement shows she constantly watches. She asked at first "why?" but then was with me when I found a parts car and she encouraged me to buy it, even "loaned" me the 200.

luvmy66dartgt said:
I took my wife and son to pick up my 66 Dart. When she saw it she was speechless..........really. :lol:

Her first words were "That's an old lady car!" Her next ones were "Your not selling the Cutlass!" :lol:

She loves it.........I can tell.

Hey once you bolt on the cool wheels, drop in the 426 with open headers, she'll change her mind.
We'll at least about the old lady part! :toothy7:

My wife likes my '65 Valiant drag car and going to the races, especially when we get enough points to go to the Division Finals. Although see does not think a '65 Valiant in general is a very attractive car.

My old lady, hated my 68 camaro, 69 camaro, 72 camaro, 66 chevelle, both 72 chevelles, the BMW, the 4Runner, both 72 Novas, the 93 RX7, and the 68 Formula S. Of all the rides I have had (18 or so) she only liked the 74 beater GMC truck and the 91 Geo storm GSI I had back in 91.

Before I married Amy the very first time she HEARD my car start up she exclaimed " Your not expecting me to ride in THAT thing, are you?" She has grown used to it (when it's running....) with the only stipulation that I install head rests on the bench seat so she doesn't get flopped around when I loose my mind and drive %$#@#$% nuts....which is usually at least once every time I roll it out.

I miss, and hate, that car all at once...:|

My girl loves the convertible. Bummer it is outta comission for a little while. There's nothing like a hot blonde in a convertible cruising down the beach

When I first pulled up to my house with my Dart, my wife looked out the front door and said, "You're kidding right? Don't park that in our driveway!"
Now when she's in it she says, " Show me what you did to DD", she calls My Dart DD :love4: , Nail it!!" :burnout:
Needless to say she love her now!

My 8yr. old son really likes the dart and my wife is coming around. Won't surprise me if she starts driving it as soon as I get the bugs worked out.

She knows her cars, even many of the ones from the 60's.

Mine spotted the Duster for sale and told me about it.

Two of the many reasons I married her were when I told her about my hotrods in my past she asked if we could have one in the garage like Tim Taylor on tool time....heh heh heh, I was like...well gee if you really want to...and did a happy dance when she wasn't looking :)

The other reason is she LOVES football....and now she is into Nascar and wants to go to a race.....life is good :)

My ex wife loved the Dart and the 65 Barracuda. she would spend hours cleaning the inside gettin iot ready for a show and cruz. My g/f also loves the Dart. Something about a buig cam to get women excited....lol In fact we are taking the Dart to a cruz tomorrow night in coos bay Oregon. I told the g/f we should take the Cuda, she said no, we are taking the Dart. I think she just might be a keeper. what do you think.

If she's excited about your car she is definately a keeper. toolman

Hey, haven't posted lately been really busy.

My wife likes the '65 Barracuda, in fact we bought it to use as our wedding chariot but it never ran in time. Here's a photo of her actually working on the car when we first got it! (she's stitching the ripped headliner)

I'm a lucky guy I guess. I just spent the last few evenings and a couple of days changing the motor and doing all this stuff and she was only too happy to deal with the kids!

Both my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter love the car, but then they were both brought home from the hospital in it! (it snowed the day I had to get my daughter, but I took it anyway)

cuda020.jpg

Img_5852.jpg

Img_8670.jpg

I finally let my wife drive the Demon, after some instruction. She came close to lousing it when it lit the tires in first but after the 3rd try I actually had her shifting the tranny at 5500 RPM. She kind of looked at me and said I was nuts, but I'm positive I saw the effects of a higher than normal level of adrenaline in her system (headlights were on high beam). :burnout:

P6020033 (Custom).JPG

demon seed said:
She kind of looked at me and said I was nuts, but I'm positive I saw the effects of a higher than normal level of adrenaline in her system (headlights were on high beam). :burnout:
so many of these responces were worth writing back about ,but this line just made me do it. this is priceless! highbeams are on lol :toothy7:

Signs I had a better than ave. G/F were;

Not letting go of the piston and rod assembly unless she installed it.
Birthdays and Christmas shocks are filled with tools
Remembering a camera to snap photos of the job at hand.
Telling me the car is to slow, spend money on making it go faster.

So I did what any sane minded fella would do. I married her.

Things get better. Now it's;

Why didn't you but that car, it was a steal!
I said "we have 3 now." She says "SO!"
I said "But honey, were running out of driveway. It's starting to look like Sanford and Son around here. " (Old TV show that had a Father and Son living at there work, junkyard.)
F%^& the neighbors, so long as I have a place to park near the house door. You should have got it!

My Scamp didn't go over well with my Girlfriend. I went from Wisconsin to detroit to pick up the car and after the Engine blew on the highway she told me that her next boyfriend was going to have a crotch rocket. then at the gas station she started flirting with the oriental fella in the lowered Civic and dumped me 2 days later. had to be the A-body right?

Scampire said:
My Scamp didn't go over well with my Girlfriend. I went from Wisconsin to detroit to pick up the car and after the Engine blew on the highway she told me that her next boyfriend was going to have a crotch rocket. then at the gas station she started flirting with the oriental fella in the lowered Civic and dumped me 2 days later. had to be the A-body right?

Nah, it's her.

Scampire said:
.... after the Engine blew on the highway she told me that her next boyfriend was going to have a crotch rocket.

And we can only hope she's with some knob whom loves listening to Rap-Crap in his dropped Civic while showing off his matching neon gas & brake pedal covers while wishing he was hung bigger than a Hamster.

Move on Dude.... :wav:

My wife was not pleased with the 64 dart convertible I bought. She said it was the ugliest car she had ever seen. Since the maid drives a Pontiac Aztek, that was pretty low.

-
Back