dog stole my parts

-

dodge-n-it

Reaction score
ussually I have to get my tools back from my 6 year old son. Well the kids are at school and I have the day off. I'm in the middle of replacing the u joints in my truck when my sheperd walks off with one of my u-joints. Thank God I saw her with it and got it back. She is very good at stealing shoes and toys and taking them outside and leaving them there. Every couple of days I have to do a walk around and pick up what ever she snuck out, even her toys. My other sheperd if you tell him to go get your baby he will go back out and get it.
Thought I'd share and see if some others would post some stories like that

My lab used to carry off my wrenches if they were laying by the vehicle that I was working on. Also you could never leave a beer on the ground cause she'd knock it over to lick up the puddle. She doesn't carry off the wrenched anymore since she is older but her taste for beer hasn't diminished. Usually the only problem I have now is that she wants to crawl under the car or truck with me and lcik me or lay beside me.

I remember I went to sonic and drove home,I took the grosery's in from out of the trunk.Then I walked ot to the valiant to get my food and socket my dog was wanting to run alittle so here it is 1:30pm I live by a hwy and this is the best time to let the boy run.
After I let him go I went back into the house to get a cold one.
By the time I got back outside I went to the car for my chilly dog,IT was not in the car so I went back in the house to see if I have allready took it in.looked everywhere.
Walked outside to check on socket and I could not see him,and he did not come when I whisseld ,Now I was worried about the dog.I walked over to a pond and to the road.Hart is thumpin by now.Walked back up to the house to get in the car to find him.
He was in his dog house haven a picknick on my chillydog.
Well this releaved me seing my frend home,and alive.
There was a clean gettawy no mess in my car or in the yard,
Sunshine and a cold one in my hand's I injoyed seeing hime have a good day to. :thumbup:

63rearview mailer.jpg

That's one thing I have to say Dakota is pretty good at.....I can leave food at nose level for her and she won't take it....she will sniff and drool by it by she knows not to take it.

I used to have a short haired Siberian Husky named Thor. He was 130 lbs of muscle. It didn't hurt that he looked half crazy with 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye. As long as you were there, your food was safe. If you left the room, it was gone.
One time at the camp he decided to go next door as he could smell thier BBQ. The 2 neighbours went inside to get another beer, you guessed it, Thor stole all of thier trout off of the BBQ. He and I were not to popular for a few days. I made amends the next weekend by bringing them each a moose steak and tying Thor up while they cooked them.

Jack

Quite a few years back I my girlfriend at the time had a mutt (Austrailan Shepherd and Golden Retreiver) named "Sandy". Sandy was a very cool dog, but she would rob you blind. One day I made my lunch (black forest ham sandwich and potato chips all sealed in ziplock bags and an apple) and had it sitting on the floor next to the front door so I wouldn't forget it. Of course, I forgot it. I got about a block away and turned around after I realized what I did. I walked in the house, looked in the lunch bag and there was my apple and two empty ziplocks. Sandy came in the dog door at the back of the house probably wondering who opened the front door, holding my entire sandwich in her mouth. She ran out so fast, I couldn't even grab for it. I was LMAO so hard that I figured she could keep the damn sandwich! What was I gonna do? Eat it when it was slathered in dog slobber? I still don't know how she could open those ziplocks and not even leave a claw mark. She used too steal Halloween candy too and unwrap those before she chowed down. :lol:

Coyote Jack - you probably wouldn't believe that I had BBQ taken from the grill by a husky too - Got any of those moose steaks left???

Had plenty of deer, bear a couple of times, buffalo, but no moose, sounds good to me!!!

I picked up a Lab 2 summers ago up at a store and named her Goldy. A few weeks ago when I took the power steering pump out I sat it on a 2x10. Well it started leaking out a little fluid but I didnt pay any mind to it. Until Goldy decided to see what it tasted like. She look one lap of it and I heard something, looked over my shoulder and said NO and threw my rag at her then she went away from it. Goldy also decided to play run around/IN the Dart one day too, I was working under the dash with the electrical and the next thing I know she runs through the car, stomping on my legs, then again and again. Strange dog but gotta love em.

We had a Shepard named Thor once too Jack, but the totally oppisite. A guy said one time to my mom that he must snatch up every bit of food he can. (since he stood around 6 foot on his hind legs) So mom said alright, I will put some food down for him, we will go get the horse feed and hay and I bet you he wont touch it. Well mom poured the food in his pan(regular dog food with alot of other things) and said, dont touch. Well when they got back, Thor didnt touch it at all but was sitting in front of his pan waiting haha. DC police dog for ya.

I just put him down at age 14 about 2 years ago. He was a Husky named Bandit, need I say any more. The dog had a compulsive disorder from the time he was a puppy, hence the name. A good hearted dog and total clepto. Lol!

As I am reading I hear chomp chomp slurp, I just lost my dinner.
sorry to hear that Longgone, I just put my blacklab down Laborday weekend. she was around 14 and also named Bandit.
we now have 2 sheperds both from shelters, Bo is around 8 years he was around 8 months old when we got him, and Brandy our newest addition is about a 1 1/2, we got here in mid Sept.
They have both been very loyal dogs.
I am taking Brandy to classes to try and build her confidence up, shes timmid

Not trying to hi-jack this thread, but I was sitting here about 3 hours ago reading this very thread when my wife ran down and said "I think Honey is Dying". Our faithful Golden Retriever of 11 years was now very sick. We got her when my youngest of 3 sons was born and they grew up together. I don't think of dogs as people, but she truly was part of the family in her own way. My heart skipped a beat and I ran upstairs. We had a little scare a few months back and she got over it. This time she was just flat on the floor panting, her legs stretched straight out to the sides like never before, she was lying in urine and feces. She couldn't raise her head, although she tried to wag her tail.
She had been a little off for a day or so, but not like this. We called the vet, they said they had to see her and get an x-ray. I ran in and met with the vet. It took me 3 tries just to get in the front door, once I did, I could hardly tell the receptionist what I wanted. She knew, they had been there many times and were very caring. We took Honey in, the vet found that she was very anemic, felt she was bleeding internally due to a tumor that had burst. This was even more apparent as her stomach began to slightly swell. I said my good byes and now I even struggle to get through this. Thanks for 'listening', farewell Honey!

sorry to hear about Honey. It is a very difficult thing to do but you know she is not suffering now. The vets were very good when I took Bandit in. They knew us and could tell right away that she was ready. she would always pull me into the office.
They do become part of the family.

Oh shoot! I'm so sorry lawndart 360. With Sandy, it was a much slower decline, starting with kidney failure. I wasn't even seeing my old gf at the time but her new husband was too chicken to give her a intramuscular IV of Saline solution every two days, so I'd go over and do it. It gave her another 4 months of chasing squirells so I guess it was worth it. I always felt that she was mine anyway, and after my gf and I broke up, I'd come over on the weekends and take Sandy camping. Here's a pic of her in her last days:

Sandy.jpg

I'll make this short, 4 yrs. ago I was working at a power plant in Ohio and my wife called to say that our dog Kayla had laid down in the back yard and died. She was 14 and on her last legs, a friend came over and buried her with a view of the Rockies on the 9th hole of a golf course he was building nearby. 2 yrs. ago after hounding me I got another Sheltie, mostly for the wife. This is sam, he's got an attitude and thinks he's a retriever. Sorry to hear of your loss lawndart.

Terry

P1010009.JPG

Nice name for the land ramcharger and a very beautiful animal at that. Its ashame that you had to do the work to help her but I am sure she was thankful and it was an excellent deed.

Lawndart360, hate to hear things like that. Grown up on a farm and I have seen things similar but not as bad with a dog. My Shepard, Bo, had a tumor on his side that was about as big as 2 baseballs but thankfully he is still with us. I hope your youngest son has taken it well.

My condolences,...wow,that`s quite a story. My heart goes out to you lawndart! To all of us who replied to this thread; the one thing we all have in common (besides our Mopars of course) is that we love these marvelous creatures that share in our lives.

Every time I read a thread here at fabo like this one,
Confurm's That I am proud to be apart of this great bunch of people.
Life is good.

Love them four leger's. :toothy7:

-
Back