dome light

-
They are not connected, so no...
C

On most dome lights, there is a pink and yellow wire.The pink is the hot, and the yellow is grounded when either door is opened or the light switch is twisted to the left.

Last time my dome lamp fuse blowed I found the trunk lamp bulb fixture contained the short circuit.

Pull the lens and bulb, then check to see if it has power to one of the socket pins. If it does, the problem is the door switches or their wiring. If you don't have power, check the circuit back to the fuse box. We've assumed you've checked the bulb......

Check yellow wire for continuity, in other words it is cut or broken, from lamp socket to door switch. If yellow conductor is OK, than check door switch making sure it makes a good ground.

Switch’s button pops out when door is open grounding to its outer case. There may be some tape or crud keeping switch from making contact.

Check yellow wire for continuity, in other words it is cut or broken, from lamp socket to door switch. If yellow conductor is OK, than check door switch making sure it makes a good ground.

Switch’s button pops out when door is open grounding to its outer case. There may be some tape or crud keeping switch from making contact.
Yup, try rotating the button on the door switch back and forth to help make a better connection. You may want to ground the switch wire to see if the circuit works. If it does, the switch has a connection problem.... either ground or contact.

the switches are working i tested the socket again after i put it back up on the roof and now it is arching off the test light i am guessing it has a short somewhere

-
Back