DON’T do this.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I found out it’s a bad idea to drop your non screw in air bleed for your Holley in the gravel driveway.:D

I was doing some fine tuning on the high speed air bleeds and one shot out of the hemostats and disappeared in the 3/4 inch boulders.
I thought it landed in a 3x3 foot area somewhere, but I guess not.

I grabbed a towel to put down for my knees and proceeded to remove every rock bigger than 1/8 inch starting with the big ones, working my way down smaller and smaller and used a flashlight to study every inch of that area.

NOPE, don’t do that.

New ones will be here today, and I consider myself lucky to be able to get them being the press in style.

Arrgh... can't begin to say how many times similar things have happened. Floor drains are my nemesis- they swallow nuts & bolts, sockets and wrenches, and small parts of every description.

put cardboard under the engine next time it may help and you could fish with a magnet if the part is metal...if its shiny shine a light around after dark...

If you do that no matter where or what you're working on you need one of these rolling magnets:
1693933846374.png

whenever i loose a bolt , nut or a small clip i get my son with his metal dector 100% success rate so far lol i have big fingers that don't work the best anymore .

A day working on cars = 4 hours of actual work 8 hours looking for tools and bolts

could be worse, glad it didn't go past the throttle blades.

That’s exactly what I said.:D
I did see it on its way down between the fan and water pump, so I knew about where it went.
Got the new ones delivered a few minutes ago.

IMG_4851.jpeg

2 un-covered 4 bbl carbs, double garage, second bay over diagonally across the shop.
Big Spring "U" clip on a Mopar starter drive, shot off, - heard it bounce off a couple of things on it's way to the other side of shop.
Couldn't find it till I turned the key, - ran a coupla revs till I immediately shut it off.
Chopped up pieces of clip both banks, - raced the next day .
Always cover carbs !

Last edited:
2 un-covered 4 bbl carbs, double garage, second bay over diagonally across the shop.
Big Spring "U" clip on a Mopar starter drive, shot off, - heard it bounce off a couple of things on it's way to the other side of shop.
Couldn't find it till I turned the key, - ran a coupla revs till I immediately shut it off.
Chopped up pieces of clip both banks, - raced the next day .
Always cover carbs !
That's gotta equate to something like a 90 yard field goal...

Maybe the moral of the story is to....not use....Holleys.

I bet if you looked hard enough, you would’ve found a 10mm socket.
:lol:

I did this lol but thankfully butterflies closed obviously and a piece of TIG rod fished it out ..ughhh

use one of those cheap shipping blankets from harbor freight. Stuff bounces off of cardboard… Here’s that 1/2 socket that was right next to the 10mm…

That’s a good one.
I had a friend who sent his wife from the field to the house for an extension cord and told her to plug it in for 10 minutes then plug the ends together to save the electricity to bring to him.
She did it.

She also came in one day and told him the car wouldn’t move.
She said it started to, and then just stopped.
She had backed over his motorcycle.
I was there for that one.

Felt sorry for her, but she was the dumbest person I had ever met.

We used to send a newby to get a can of "used welding sparks" down to a supplier, he'd hear that, know it was a standing joke in our industry here, so he would say they were "outta stock" and was refered to a place that "had them", who refered him elsewhere, repeat repeat.
Bit us in the ***, - bigtime !
The kid jumped in the wrecker insteada the service truck, and was gone, gone over an hour, a few minutes after he left, we got a call for the wrecker, and it was gone, gone, gone.
Learned a valuable lesson there, crap !, - it was always fun till then. lol

-
Back