Dont buy lines from InlineTube.com

-

68barracuda

Reaction score
This is the email I sent them.with Pics!
They told me that I have to alter the lines myself.
Great deal Huh!

Address:
Inline tube
15066 Technology Drive
Shelby Township, Michigan 48315

Attached you will find pictures of the Stock 8 3/4 Mopar rear end in my 68 Plymouth Barracuda. This is the original housing that came with the car in 1968.
As you can see from th attached paperwork that The parts I had ordered are suppose to be for my car.
The kit I ordered was to have the front flexable hoses and I was also given the wrong part and then told I have to pay a restocking charge of 25% basicly because the salesperson must have misunderstood what I was looking for Imagine that!
I live in Lapeer county and do not feel that the 45 minuate trip was much worth my while seeing the obvious outcome of this purchase.
I do not think I should be responsable for delivery charges and return shipper should also be your issue.
Perhaps you should have your sales person drive out to my house and hand deliver the correct parts.
Hopefully you understand how disapointed I am at this point and expect a resolution to this issue asap.
Rergards
Lloyd James

See if they have a 1-800 number a talk to the sales agian over the phone. If it's their doing "you" should not be responsible. Check their return policy agian as well. I'm sure they will come through "if you push it hard enough.

I was pissed at "year one' once. I made a few small orders and they were back logged on a part for one only one day...So rather then waiting the day, they shipped these parts on different days. Of course I live in Canada, and UPS wanted their 45.00 x 2 for delivery. My complaint wasn't answered on e-mail...until "I" got on the blower..The sales stated the shipper was wrong and should have known not to send until all parts were together. I did receive my UPS back. (Be nasty) during the call tell them they if not corrected you will post them. Just like you did already..No one likes a bad name. Mostly on Auto sites) Take charge dude :thumblef:

I only live about 2hrs. away and I would not buy or recommend them to a Bow-tie person.

They did my runners when they were just a little hole in the wall place and not one line was good I ended up bending there lines to fit.

As far as customer service they don't even know what that is.

I have gotten the best lines(3 complete sets) from Fine Lines and they fit like they should and any problems they will stand behind there work.

Verygood customer service :thumblef:

the lines that you got, look like they are for the 1973 & up 8 1/4 & 8 3/4. you look to have an 1972 & earlier housing. if you told them 72 & earlier, they should take care of you! is it me or is these resto parts vendors getting worse by the day! no customer service, no inventory, wrong parts. the last 3 items i ordered from year one was back ordered, but their back orders always seem to show up within the week. as with alot of these places these days, they have cut their inventories down & are shipping straight from the vendor. the shipping & handling is a little out of control. what happen to taking care of the customer! with out him or her they have no reason for being here!

I see what you are talking about, however I bought the line from the prop valve back to the rear axle and the hose from them for my oddball 66 Dart and I was very pleased with the fit. You got someone that didn't know what they were doing. Nobody else would even talk to me when I needed that line.

mikedevore said:
the lines that you got, look like they are for the 1973 & up 8 1/4 & 8 3/4. you look to have an 1972 & earlier housing. if you told them 72 & earlier, they should take care of you! is it me or is these resto parts vendors getting worse by the day! no customer service, no inventory, wrong parts. the last 3 items i ordered from year one was back ordered, but their back orders always seem to show up within the week. as with alot of these places these days, they have cut their inventories down & are shipping straight from the vendor. the shipping & handling is a little out of control. what happen to taking care of the customer! with out him or her they have no reason for being here!

What can "I" say, it's hard enough getting or finding parts without the run around! :dontknow: :dontknow: it's :bs: when it does happen. :angryfir:

Thats the beauty of these web sites. Word gets around quickly. Vendors need to realize, take care of us, or we will find someone who will. Then it's, bye bye buisness.

I bought my brake lines for my 68 Cuda 8-3/4 from The Paddock and they fit nearly perfect. I have bought several items from them and a couple of times they haven't had items one stock and they sent what they had and when they sent the rest they didn't charge any shipping on the rest. That's the way it should be.

Like 69Signet said you have to get nasty and tough with them to get action so when you call be prepared to let them have it. For what they charge that just ain't right.

If that fails 340mopar had a good suggestion if you used your credit card. Call them and see if they can cancel the payment. I've done it.

I used Fine lines for my Duster, because they are about 45 min away, the fit and finish was outstanding, not a problem, I used the brake lines from prop. valve to the rear of the car, also for the 8 3/4 tubes ! Like I say very good fit, no problems!!! :thumblef:

I get my lines for resto projects from Classic Tube. Great folks to work with, extremely knowledgeable and they bend all of their stuff in-house. Check out www.classictube.com and call them directly for best results.

-
Back