Dont laugh

-
I just sent the pic of your leg to one of my welders. Last Summer he showed up at the shop with shorts on, even though I tell all of my guys, Shorts and tank tops are not allowed on the job.
As I result, I sent him home. I told him that he could come back when he changed. Of course he argued, but, I have safety standards for a reason, not a whim.

been there done that but with a muscle shirt on. shoulders where cooked. sometimes that is what it takes so that you wear the proper stuff to weld

Wet a towel with vinegar and lay it on there for about 15 min.
It pickles the nerve endings and it quits hurting.
Been doing it most of my life.

I swear.

Aloe Vera plant juice is good, but not as fast.

That is a first degree burn! Be careful what type of ointments you put on it as it could cause an infection.

When I got a SEVERE sunburn (along with heat stroke that put me in the hospital) the nurses told me to use this stuff:

11TJ60_AS01.JPG

Has aloe in it as well! Takes away the sting and keeps the skin hydrated. I was reapplying it every couple hours.

So i'm not allowed to weld in shorts and flip flops......ROFLMAO I will make a note of that.....maybe???

Umm...I find Alevera plant works good for this type of burns.

Well you herd right pettybludart :glasses7:Alevera has Vitamin E in it to replace and
help ower replacement of what was taken away and is the best... Yes the best best.................................................................................................................................But If no Alevera is in the house Mustered is good after a few hours, then take a days and diluted with 5 parts water to keep scaring down, along with Vitamin E.......... I remember my fun times with a welder as a younggun..
and one time/two times :) I got hit bad with light (to much heat) one time on my hands, My neck and hands got it bad, and I learned from it :glasses7:

View attachment 1714631136

Lesson learned never weld with shorts on . Can't hardly walk or even sleep .
Not laughing .............. that looks like a bad burn moparisbest :glasses7:

drink nothing but water and to soothe it ice packs but you will need cool air on the area, do not let it get dust or anything on it....................

Some good advice here ....

Not laughing .............. that looks like a bad burn moparisbest :glasses7:

drink nothing but water and to soothe it ice packs but you will need cool air on the area, do not let it get dust or anything on it....................

Some good advice here ....

Water???
That's an alcohol burn if I ever saw one. :D

So i'm not allowed to weld in shorts and flip flops......ROFLMAO I will make a note of that.....maybe???

Come on Wagg's :D I bet you have been there a few times and even hurt your eyes before :D, I have :D If it had to get dun........... you know you would have jumped on to it to get it dun , you have been there and did it :glasses7:

I will admit I've done some welding in T shirts -- and been a little uncomfortable after. I've never tried shorts 'er flip flops, LOL I HATE gettin' sparks under stuff

I will admit I've done some welding in T shirts -- and been a little uncomfortable after. I've never tried shorts 'er flip flops, LOL I HATE gettin' sparks under stuff

Ochh!!! That will leave a scar :D

I didn't say that.

You can do anything you want, as long as I'm not paying for it, or your workers comp insurance.

An injury like Moparisbest gt is a minor one, its also highly avoidable. It is, nonetheless, painful. It's no biggie... In fact, it's very simple.

I learned a similar lesson many years ago. I had a summer job hot patching potholes. Hot summer, hot work. May as well wear shorts, right? Uh NO. Wore them one day, fried bothe legs real good, and wore jeans the rest of that summer. Lesson learned. Ouch!

Wanna try something really cool? Do some welding with poly/cotten blend pants on. Let me know what happens when the sparks hit your legs.

btw, I only allow our welders to where 100 cotton clothing. Why, it's doesn't melt to your skin when it gets burn holes in it. ;)

...also, depending on the welding job, welding apron, or chaps, or jacket, or sleeves are all available for the guys to wear.

Being safe isn't kewl... On the other hand, it is pretty smart and it sure as hell doesn't hurt .

No arguments here Frankie. Working safely is definitely important. I'm sure we've all learned a hard lesson or two along the way. Kudos to you for making safety a priority with your employees!

Hot exhaust pipes on a motorcycle bite pretty hard also. And no I wasn't riding in shorts, was just moving it while hot. This is two weeks old.

Attachments

• 1013429_685844588095771_1089533744_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 194
Living in the valley of the sun and being of Irish decent, it really does not take much for me to get burned by the sun very badly. There's been a couple times where I've had blisters all over my back and shoulders from being out in the pool for a bit too long.. Some of the most terrible stuff being burned.. I agree on the vinegar, if you don't mind the smell. And aloe jell is alright too, except when it dries out and gets all gross feeling.

-
Back