Don't Like Cali Mustang Guy

-

MidTexCuda

Ancient Member
Reaction score
Sort rant...
Meet a guy from Cali through a friend (in my garage). He owns a modern mustang with a supercharged small block and the guy will not stop dropping wise cracks about how his "low 9 second street" car is so superior to "old technology". How he can put 800Hp to the wheels, in a car that weighs 3900 pounds, run his a/c and stereo in the lanes and use his power windows and walk all these "old loud" cars down the track. That his daily driver will hook the same on the street as on the track and that it does it quietly through mufflers and narrow tires. I also had the pleasure of sitting through his litany about Mopars being slow and over priced ect ect.
I now remember why I dislike mustang guy. I wanted so badly to tell him off but because of my friend I couldn't so I have to vent here.

Sir I will keep by back halved NA big block classic. My build is super clean. My ride weighs 1k less than yours, makes make solid 600 power. Please sir park your dime a dozen next to mine at any track or parking lot and see the shame that bad *** stang brings you. Also I would like to remind you my build cost 25K less. If you want to go dollar for dollar I am sure I could build one hell of a driveline with the extra 25K.

Sorry but had to share.

had a mustang gt guy here with the bolt on supercharger kit and the same exact story LOL
600hp TO THE WHEELS and he gets 25mpg and can run his AC
i'm pretty sure they didnt take their cars to a dyno, they got those figures out of the literature

the "new technology thing".

o wait yeah superchargers were invented in 1878 and turbochargers in 1885

/rollseyes

funny thing i could take him about 10 miles from his house and show him bucky's '68 baracuda with an old technology hemi that runs 8.55 sec in the 1/4 mile that would walk his car like a dog. naturally aspirated.

I have 600 to the wheels and AC in my Cuda....I'd like to run that turd off the road like I have to many other rustangs before.

Of course I only get 9 miles to the gallon so I need to do it quick or well have to stop for gas. :D

They ain't all like that. Some of them are ok. If it really bothers you, line your junk up with his and have at it. See if he's right.

I also like how this low nine second street car runs at the track with no cage and no chute.
I saw pics, the car does pull the wheels nice, and the dyno sheet looks legit, but the proof was is in the time slips (not available at time of bragging). I wish my car was running and that he had brought his car with him. Would love to know if it legit.

40 years of technology have made cars better. It's not difficult these days to buy a 2011+ Mustang Gt with the Coyote 5.0, install a supercharger, and run high 9s. All while driving to the track with cold ac in a nice quiet comfortable interior.

E85 fuel has only made this that much easier.

But, that's not the only reason we do this is it? To me the old stuff has a cool factor the modern car just doesn't have. I think that's why the modern hemi swap is so popular. You can enjoy the benefits of the modern powerplant and still have the old school cool.

40 years of technology have made cars better. It's not difficult these days to buy a 2011+ Mustang Gt with the Coyote 5.0, install a supercharger, and run high 9s. All while driving to the track with cold ac in a nice quiet comfortable interior.

E85 fuel has only made this that much easier.

But, that's not the only reason we do this is it? To me the old stuff has a cool factor the modern car just doesn't have. I think that's why the modern hemi swap is so popular. You can enjoy the benefits of the modern powerplant and still have the old school cool.

This ^^^^^

I tell Kitty all the time when a new "muscle car" goes buy, "Hay that was a so and so, and you couldn't even hear it". It ain't everybody likes a quiet car. Things will never be like they were.

I have a bone stock mustang. You will never here me brag about it or say it's fast. Not even that great of a daily driver. I grew up with a lot of mustang guys. Some have very very fast street car (7 second street car). Non of them ever threw it anyone's face unless they asked for it.

That being said I have meet more cocky mustsng guys then any other brand. A lot of kids with foxbodys thinking they have rocket ships and a lot of new Shelby guys who are really full of themselves.

There are bad apples in every brand. Mustangs seem to have a lot and that gives the rest of us a bad name.

To me the old stuff has a cool factor the modern car just doesn't have.

Exactly!! To prove this point here's a story a buddy of mine told me... Him, his brother and a friend were in Bowling Green a few weekends ago over the time of the Holley Hotrod Reunion, they were just cruising along when they saw a beautiful black with white stripes '67 camaro (I know, I know) the camaro pulled up beside em and they gave him thumbs up n all that. Anyway, he said it was just rumbling along behind them and suddenly it took off, flying around them about 70-80mph. Now, to fully get my point you have to know that my buddy LOVES fast diesel trucks! He then said "there's a lot of nice, fast diesels out there, probably faster than that 67 but I'd take that car 100x over a built up diesel" Yea there's a lot of nice new cars but they just don't have the attention grabbing, neck breaking affect that classic muscle has!!

"There are bad apples in every brand. Mustangs seem to have a lot and that gives the rest of us a bad name."

I agree. maybe I am getting older but I appreciate everyones car now. It is so easy to make big power now I think a lot of people gloss over effort, style, and creativity needed to make a old NA engine and cars run well. I don't claim to have a killer setup or want to measure my ride against others and I think brand loyalty can get out of had quickly. If you are a good mustang owner this thread was not directed at you.

I understand. I was in staging last weekend with two brand new Shelby's in front of me and one to me left. They all had their hair spiked up and fancy jeans on. I could hear them running their mouth about our cheap cars. Funny thing is that you don't see any of these types at bracket races, they are in it just to impress everyone by how fast their crap is. They are in every brand.

A lot of the best drivers I have seen were in slow street cars that they have been racing for years. These old guys in slow street cars have nothing to prove to anyone. They never brag about their car. They go out every single weekend and run their car very successfully.

I hate going to test and tune because of this. A lot of arrogant guys just showing off instead of doing it because they really enjoy it.

Be sure when he comes around your garage you have a bowl of those sugar-free gummi bears and get your revenge on him for boasting about his Mustang.

They ain't all like that. Some of them are ok. If it really bothers you, line your junk up with his and have at it. See if he's right.

Yup....no point in getting all butt hurt over things. When I had my 02 GSXR1000 I was cruising home form work one night, loping along at about 70 or so. Guy in a 02 or Stang rolls up next to me and does the throttle pump. Down into third gear I go and turn it up. Guy left me like I was chained to a tree. Hit the rev limiter in 6th gear, about 180 or so and was still getting walked on. He followed me into a gas station....pair of turbos....took him out to a somewhat safe area and had a go from a standstill. I was reaching for the sky with the front wheel while he was fighting for traction. BY the end of the about 3/8 of a mile he was 15 cars in front of me...Hell of nice older guy, was in his late 60's early 70's. Spent a good half an hour talking to him on the side of the road....until the Mesa PD showed up....

funny thing i bet is a lot of those supercharged coyote guys will take the supercharger off and put everything back then have it towed to dealer for warranty work after they blow them

Not much different from people who call Chevy's Chebbies and Ford's Ferds and shout " Mopar or no car"

I think it is. There is nothing wrong with poking fun at other brands or being loyal to one. This guy was not bragging about a general brand, he was being arrogant and pounding his chest about his car. Plenty of mopar guys brag about how fast their cars are or how big of a wheel stand they can do. :)

Remember when 500hp was a lot of horsepower? When a 12s street car was quick?

had a mustang gt guy here with the bolt on supercharger kit and the same exact story LOL
600hp TO THE WHEELS and he gets 25mpg and can run his AC
i'm pretty sure they didnt take their cars to a dyno, they got those figures out of the literature
a buddy of mine has a 612 rwhp supercharged coyote Mustang (yes, verified by dyno).

...wait, I should say he 'had' that Mustang. He traded it in on a GT500 after I beat him with my Stealth. Might be a coincidence, might not lol.

a buddy of mine has a 612 rwhp supercharged coyote Mustang (yes, verified by dyno).

...wait, I should say he 'had' that Mustang. He traded it in on a GT500 after I beat him with my Stealth. Might be a coincidence, might not lol.

Nice!! Your stealth stock??

Hey I'm a cool Mustang owner, just ask my mom.

bet i get more thumbs up and smiles any day than that guy,in my 12 sec primered daily driver old dart....so screw that guy....

-
Back