Door glass compatibility: Demon glass into a 1973 Dart Sport?

-

Trevor B

Reaction score
Will this work? I need glass for the driver's side door and have a donor Demon (don't know if 71 or 72) door. Before I go through the hassle of removing the glass I'd like to know it will actually fit!

Thanks!

No a 73 is the newer style glass, older glass will not work.

Not sure about the dart sport. On Swingers 73 was a one year only regulator/glass.

73 Duster was one year only door glass. Guessing Dart Sport used same
Up to 72 one style. And over 74 is another.

Has anyone ever swapped the entire regulator assembly? I suspect the door would need some holes drilled or brackets moved and welded. Yeah, door glass is a PITA sometimes.

If the bottom 1/2 of your original glass is intact, you might be able to contact a glass shop and see if they can cut the holes in the earlier glass.
Most likely cheaper to find the right glass or hope AMD still has one.

I just threw the Demon door on there to keep the rain out while I wait for 73 glass. Then will install glass in the 73 door and put it back. Looks terrible but does the job.

Has anyone ever swapped the entire regulator assembly? I suspect the door would need some holes drilled or brackets moved and welded. Yeah, door glass is a PITA sometimes.
I have. I put a 73' Duster left glass in a DartSport left door and had to trim the sheet metal near the top center and add a stop so it would not over extend and hit the roof, It worked but sucked to do. I needed a tinted glass and it was all i could find.

-
Back