door glass help

-

66gldfish

Reaction score
hello, i have a 66 barracuda that i need some help with door glass adjustment. last year i had it painted and got all new seals. when i assembled everything there is a big gap between the door glass chrome strip (drivers and pass side door) and the quarter glass. looks like the whole door glass needs to be tilted in. does anyone know how to make this adjustment? thanks.

don't know they answer but I do have a mint set off a 65 barracuda if you don't want the agrivation complete dorrs without interior skins 250= shipping from Madison wisc sun prairie 53590

I don't know how much car was taken apart for paint. There are limited adjustments in glass guides, both door and quarter glasses. Problem is the closer you get to those limits the more difficult it becomes to roll the windows up/down.

I don't know how much car was taken apart for paint. There are limited adjustments in glass guides, both door and quarter glasses. Problem is the closer you get to those limits the more difficult it becomes to roll the windows up/down.
entire car was stripped, body guy took the regulators out,i had to install them. gap was not there when i took the car apart.thanks.

no problem brother , I kinda got an emergency 64-66 barracuda sale going on because i blew my motor 2 weeks ago
have red interior full 273 904 and 7 1/4 drive train for sale and 1 mint grill for earley a body . Good luck with That awesome
earley a Barracuda jon 1 608 837 4427 for missalainiuos parts n HAGR1 BRO

I never had the nerve to take a vehicle completely apart all at once. OEM had to have some initial targets in sub assemblies like door and glass so those would be a close fit to door opening with or without quarter glass. Otherwise the secondary adjustments would have made for a very very slow assembly line.
No doubt the post sedans and fully framed door windows are much easier. Initial targets there would be in welding jigs. Anyway, I wish you good luck with it.

thanks for the help!
there are adjustments, really screwy ! I had a new 68 barracuda back in the day, it leaked from the factory. I`ve even elongated the adjustment holes on the one I`m building noe, and still can`t get them right ! thinking of trying to get thicker 1/4 window seals when I get back to it .

-
Back