door handles/tail light bezels

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
My body guy has a buddy that "restores" them. He sent me these pictures of mine.....

Attachments

• 000_0012_01.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 625
  • 000_0013_01.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 647
I have some door handles and bezels I'd love to have restored. Whats he charge for this service?

Riddler

Is that just from polish work?

if so it can be done in your own home with a good buffer and the right compounds.

See the trim on Mullinax's 67 barracuda....he did it all himself with a couple buffing wheels and the right compounds.
His first time at bat and boy did his trim turn out nice.

That boy is not scared of anything.

if so it can be done in your own home with a good buffer and the right compounds.

Polishing stainless and aluminum is a far cry different from re plating pot metal parts.
Those look great ! Did he fill lots of pitting ?

I have some door handles and bezels I'd love to have restored. Whats he charge for this service?

Riddler
When I speak to him today I will find out how much, but I think it was $40 for the bezelz and $40 for the handles.

See the trim on Mullinax's 67 barracuda....he did it all himself with a couple buffing wheels and the right compounds.
His first time at bat and boy did his trim turn out nice.

That boy is not scared of anything.
My bezels were beyond polishing, that were badly pitted. My door handles had the typical bronze look to them. I think EZ said he rechromes them. He repaired a pair of broken bezels for my friends car.

Polishing stainless and aluminum is a far cry different from re plating pot metal parts.
Those look great ! Did he fill lots of pitting ?
They were pitted, badly. I had put them on the list of things to buy......I know in my body guys ramblings he said that he replates them, but I will find out more when I speak to my body guy later today....

Get his contact info. We could cover him up with work.
I'll start with 2 sets of 67 cuda hood orniments. LOL

Get his contact info. We could cover him up with work.
I'll start with 2 sets of 67 cuda hood orniments. LOL
I will speak to my body guy EZ today if I get a chance. I volunteered to help fill in some of the craters on one of the neighborhood roads today, and will be dealing with the carpenters that are putting the roof back on my house. I can tell you that the guy that did the work has a regular job and does this sort of stuff on the side, so if he is interested, and who is not when it comes to making money, it make take him a while to get stuff done.......

wow. I am impressed. I have some bezels that are pitted pretty bad, I definitely would like his contact info to see if he could restore mine.

Wow, nice work!

Sooooo Doug, I just gotta ask: You still want me to work up the door handles Dustermaniac shipped here for you? Please give me a call when you get the chance.

Wow, nice work!

Sooooo Doug, I just gotta ask: You still want me to work up the door handles Dustermaniac shipped here for you? Please give me a call when you get the chance.
Yep, just so I have a choice for door handles, plus I want to see if it is possible. Car will be a 69 B-5 blue, but unsure of the color for the handles. I am thinking a black of sorts, but the wife is saying car color.....I will try and call later today or tomorrow....

ink, WOW Those pieces look amazing. Your car must be getting pretty close to done. I hope to see it before it leaves town!

your friend will be very busy at those prices-- I have some 69 dart taillights also that need that touch!!! Lawrence

yeah , he can have my bezels and handles too! Let us know!

My body has not gotten back to me yet about his contact info. He was going to tak to the guy and see if he needs more work. EZ (body guy) said that the guy is pretty busy, works a full time job and does this stuff on the side. He did say that if the guy does want more work, expect at least a 4-6 week turn around.....

Wow, nice work!

Leanna, I would be interested in seeing how the door handles turn out. The only reason I replaced mine was the bronzing from polishing the handles and the new ones I replaced these with are also starting to bronze. I would be interested in having you powdercoat my handles for me if Doug's turn out nice. Please let me know. Thanks - maniac

Leanna, I would be interested in seeing how the door handles turn out. The only reason I replaced mine was the bronzing from polishing the handles and the new ones I replaced these with are also starting to bronze. I would be interested in having you powdercoat my handles for me if Doug's turn out nice. Please let me know. Thanks - maniac

If I'm not mistaken, the ones here for Doug came from you lol so I guess indirectly I will be coating your door handles. :-D FABO is such a small world -- love it! I'll be sure you get in on the picture parade.

Yes dear you are correct!! I sent those to you and thank you for the pics when they are finished. If the powder coating turns out good I will have you do mine also.

I just heard from my body guy.......
Do you want any more work some people on a mopar site like your work if
so give your e mail address

Yah that's cool, as long as they understand im not the speediest in the
world.
My home mail is...
[email protected]
Tks
Tom

I do not know what I paid Tom for refinishing mine, but it was very reasonable......

Thanks for the follow up and contact info ink 8)

-
Back