Door panel take apart help

-

kyler

Reaction score
I just ordered a keyless entry system and am going to pull my door panels for installation as soon as I get it in about a week. Is there an instructive video or some pictures I can look at and use as a guide so I don't inadvertently break anything?

Thanks.

Well....what car?

It's pretty easy, pull the window crank, the door release handle and there will be a series of clips that pop into holes all around the perimeter. Just be careful when popping the clips out, as the door panel itself can be quite fragile.

Just did a set not too long ago in my 73 Swinger, and there were a couple of glitches but nothing too serious.
I had to lengthen the wires for the drivers door unit so I could put the box in a reasonable place. (vs right at the steering column area)
I tucked it behind the heater box.

Are you doing the four door system?

Well....what car?

It's pretty easy, pull the window crank, the door release handle and there will be a series of clips that pop into holes all around the perimeter. Just be careful when popping the clips out, as the door panel itself can be quite fragile.

I can't believe I forgot to say. It is a '66 Valiant.

Just did a set not too long ago in my 73 Swinger, and there were a couple of glitches but nothing too serious.
I had to lengthen the wires for the drivers door unit so I could put the box in a reasonable place. (vs right at the steering column area)
I tucked it behind the heater box.

Are you doing the four door system?

he kit that I bought comes with all four actuators so it could be if I want, but the back locks are really stiff and it takes a lot to get them to lock. I am opting to only do the two front doors as those are the only two I use at this point... I might try to clean the rear locks up since I'd have to take the panels off anyway, but we shall see.

-
Back