Door seal help needed

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to terminate the door seal on the pillar side?
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 225
Mine looks different from yours....but then mine's original. See pics attached...

Attachments

• DSCN3617 (Large).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN3618 (Large).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 176
Mine looks different from yours....but then mine's original. See pics attached...

That is a huge help, thank you. I have those seals but were told they were wrong? Does the wind lace terminate at the bottom of the a pillar trim?
Thanks

No one can tell me how to terminate the door seal on the pillar side??
yup sure can.. all I had to do was get internet. here's a picture or 2 of the setup
1. weather strip bulb/seal is left a little long to run into the quarter seal, the mounting part of it is shorter by about an inch or so
2. the seal /bulb goes into the seal and is black weatherstrip glued into place. it is NOT usually fully sealed so air can escape when you squish the seal by closing the door.
and yes the seal does go up to the top of the windshield trim
3. no you do not have to completely seal the top windshield seal/bulb since the vent window seal will be sealing that area up when the door is closed and it lets the seal conform faster to the door when new.

see it's a little long to fit into the quarter seal
View attachment DSCF3848.jpg

yeah you can seal it with a dab of super glue or weather strip adhesive. but let one end of the seal/bulb havew an opening to let the air out when you close the door. if ya don't can ya say trying to clooge the door on a balloon??
View attachment DSCF3852.jpg

here it's aligned with the quarter seal

View attachment DSCF3855.jpg

here it shows going into the flap in the seal
View attachment DSCF3847.jpg

ahh fingers in the flap (knock it off you pervs' it ain't that flap)
View attachment DSCF3857.jpg

tucked into the flap and black weather strip sealed into place.
View attachment DSCF3859.jpg

done deal hope it helps

That is a huge help, thank you. I have those seals but were told they were wrong? Does the wind lace terminate at the bottom of the a pillar trim?
Thanks

Yes, mine does. Here's a pic...hope it helps...If you need anymore pics, let me know.

Attachments

• DSCN3620 (Large).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 167
-
Back