Door Striker post?

-
It looks like they did a decent job or repairing it and should outlast our lifetime. There is not any difference in the striker post between years that I know of. Only thing I may do on that would be to fill in the one spot weld tat it looks like was not tacked.

Thanks! I just discovered this doing some "door work" and wanted to address it if need be.
Spot weld? You're talking in the 1st pic at 9 oclock?
Time for a want ad on striker post.
Thanks again!
It looks like they did a decent job or repairing it and should outlast our lifetime. There is not any difference in the striker post between years that I know of. Only thing I may do on that would be to fill in the one spot weld tat it looks like was not tacked.

Thanks! I just discovered this doing some "door work" and wanted to address it if need be.
Spot weld? You're talking in the 1st pic at 9 oclock?
Time for a want ad on striker post.
Thanks again!
Yes but maybe it is welded and I just can't tell

I think your fine. Just make sure the piece the striker screws into can move around for adjustment.

The door striker post itself is readily available new if that's what you're looking for I reused my old posts just because they were in decent shape and I thought they might fit in the assembly better than new ones when the doors were closing. This is a job that if you can possibly budget that someone wants to do right! my strikers were failing on both doors and I had the previously mentioned reinforcement kit installed when I had the body work done on the dart a few months back. I just feel it's something you don't want to revisit in the future if at all possible.

Here's a pic of mine

16185900711937764128709979684500.jpg

Well this is just st great. My asked what are ya doing. Me, looking at door striker posts. Her, the grass needs to be cut. Funny.

Looks is good though. So does the post thread into the backing plate?
LOL yes in about 10 other chores, those were actually installed in my car about 6 months ago and the body work was done out of town but from what I remember yes the post screws into the backing assembly. And the whole assembly is boxed in nicely.

LOL yes in about 10 other chores, those were actually installed in my car about 6 months ago and the body work was done out of town but from what I remember yes the post screws into the backing assembly. And the whole assembly is boxed in nicely.
Looks perfect. I haven't done a thing with my door striker post since I initially posted the thread. But the weather is warming up and work can resume... and the grass needs to be cut!

-
Back