Double Pumper vs. Dual feed.

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I have the chance to get a new Holley 750 Dual feed for 50 bucks. Right now I am running a 600 cfm eddie on it and the motor def. needs more fuels. I was just curious if the dual feed is alot worse than the double pumper?

dual feed means it has two fuel inlets....and can be double pumpers or vacuum secondary.

double pumpers have two accelerator pumps...and are mechanical secondary linkage...

you can increase the size of the fuel inlet into your eddy ...also look to see if eddy makes a different size needle and seat, also ensure your floats are set correctly too.

What size motor are you running? A motor depending on its mods can only efficiently use so much cfm so........ What are you looking to gain? Just curious because I've ran 600's on some pretty healthy engines that have worked really well.

Right. DP usually has nothing to do with dual feed. Some carbs can be converted by swapping fuel bowls

This is a spread bore, in DP, and they also come with vacuum secondaries. I don't believe either come in dual feed in any configuration

attachment.php

If the carb is a square rather than spreadbore, I believe those all come dual feed if they are a DP. I guess you could put the small bowls (two primary bowls) on a square bore DP and convert it to single feed, but I don't know why you'd want to.

Vacuum seconary, square bore carbs come either single or dual feed.

4150 series, vac. secondary, single feed:

H4150.jpg

4150 series, vac. secondary, dual feed.

holley4150_LG001.jpg

-
Back