Dougs 67 Notch build

-
I have been working on the car. I had the paint shop mix up a custom red for the car in PPG Concept. I am planning on coating the inside of all the panels with straight color and the outside finish will be one coat of solid color and two additional coats of 1/2 color 1/2 clear together. This will go over PPG european blocking primer as required. Here are some photos, I will try to place them in sequence as happened.
Rat
paintsetup-jpg.265944
color-clear-half-ea-concept-jpg.265945
scuffing-engine-bay-jpg.265946
grandson-cleaning-inside-of-hood-jpg.265947
epoxy-primer-on-floorboard-jpg.265948
new-color-in-engine-bay-jpg.265949

View attachment Paintsetup.JPG

View attachment Color Clear half Ea Concept.JPG

View attachment Scuffing engine bay.JPG

View attachment Grandson cleaning inside of hood.JPG

View attachment Epoxy Primer on Floorboard.JPG

View attachment New color in engine bay.JPG

Last edited:
I hope I did not duplicate any photos, I forgot to mark the first ones I posted. These show my prep & setup in my driveway which is now a pretty pink overspray color. So far the neighbors have not called the cops and I havent had to scrub any windows. The next thing will be for me to prep the top of the hood, Trunk, front fascia and front fenders and get them into finish color. Will post photos as I am able to do that. Work interferes a lot with paint & body & the weather will turn on me soon. Thanks for looking, Rat.
ready-for-primer-jpg.265950
hood-trunk-ready-for-color-jpg.265951
epoxy-primer-hood-trunk-jpg.265952
color-in-trunk-over-epoxy-primer-jpg.265953
trunk-ready-for-color-jpg.265955
trunk-in-color-jpg.265956

View attachment Ready for primer.JPG

View attachment Hood & Trunk ready for color.JPG

View attachment Epoxy primer hood & trunk.JPG

View attachment Color in trunk over epoxy primer.JPG

View attachment Color Clear half Ea Concept.JPG

View attachment Trunk ready for color.JPG

View attachment Trunk in color.JPG

View attachment Putting epoxy primer on hood & trunk.JPG

Last edited:
Nice looking notch and a bang up job on the paint and body.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 736
I have been prepping the Hood, Trunk & front fascia of the Barracuda, trying to get them into color before my driveway paint booth gets too cold. I took the front fascia down to bare metal for the most part, hit it with a heavy coat of epoxy primer. Then I sanded with 240 Abranet and hit it with the Hi-Build sandable blocking primer today. The hood & trunk I prepped with 240 Abranet and hit them with the Hi-Build blocking primer. This morning I sanded the fascia with 240 to take the Hi-Build blocking primer. Then I blocked the hood and trunk with #400 Abranet and gave them a third & fourth coat of the Hi-Build blocking primer. I will block everything out with 400 and if it is straight enough I will be ready for color.
fascia-ready-for-primer-jpg.269571
fascia-w-hi-build-primer-jpg.269573
hood-trunk-ready-for-hi-build-jpg.269574
hood-trunk-2nd-coat-hi-build-jpg.269576

View attachment Fascia ready for primer.jpg

View attachment Fascia with Epoxy primer.jpg

View attachment Fascia W-hi-build primer.jpg

View attachment Hood & Trunk ready for Hi-Build.jpg

View attachment Hood & Trunk W 1st coat Hi-Build.jpg

View attachment Hood & Trunk 2nd coat Hi-Build.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking notch! I'm quite partial to them myself :)
Glad to know someone else in this state is going through my pain lol, much much farther than I am however. Very impressive work, hope mine comes out half as good.

Last edited:
Got down to the shop and started with blocking out the front fenders and giving them another coat of primer. Then I hit the hood & trunk with "guidecoat" to check the blocking. Glad I did, the hood is out from rebonding it to the inner frame, Hit the low spots with primer last thing tonight and ready to hit everything with 400 Abranet tomorrow, sealer and color if there is any justice in the world. :angel9: I dont know if I will run out of energy or time but Monday morning is coming:)
ready-for-2nd-blocking-jpg.279407
guidecoatfender-jpg.279408
front-fascia-ready-for-400-and-sealer-jpg.279409
2nd-blocking-with-glaze-jpg.279410

View attachment Ready for 2nd blocking.JPG

View attachment guidecoatfender.JPG

View attachment front fascia ready for 400 and sealer.JPG

View attachment 2nd blocking with glaze.JPG

Last edited:
Below are the photos of todays progress. I got everything blocked out for sealer except the hood. When I resealed the hood to the inner frame it oilcanned it like a *****. I am using guidecoat and primer to try to get it straight. Hoping for color tomorrow. The photos in no particular order are of the hood, the fenders & trunk W/sealer and the Fascia, Trunk & fenders with one base coat of color and two coats of 50/50 color/clear. Now to cut & buff & I am good! I am hoping to get the hood straight and in color tomorrow but I am running out of time.
Rat:angel7:
guidecoat-on-hood-jpg.279617
fenders-sealed-jpg.279618
trunk-sealed-jpg.279619
front-fascia-in-color-jpg.279620
fenders-finished-jpg.279621
trunk-finished-jpg.279622

View attachment Guidecoat on hood.JPG

View attachment Fenders sealed.JPG

View attachment Trunk sealed.JPG

View attachment front fascia in color.JPG

View attachment Fenders finished.JPG

View attachment Trunk finished.JPG

Last edited:
A few months ago I delivered my dash and a spare to Glenn @ GCar for vacume plating. I picked it up from his shop on Thursday and attached are the photos of the finished product. Going to look good in my car:) The body work is in hiatus right now as the hood has been consistantly handing me my ***. I am going to have to take it back down to bare metal and start over:-(
Rat
dash-001-jpg.282471
dash-002-jpg.282472

View attachment Dash 001.JPG

View attachment Dash 002.JPG

Last edited:
Great job on the painting and the bezel looks real good too.
Agree with you that it will look sweet in your fish.

Here is a photo of my Cal Custom Valve covers and my Eddy LD4B intake ready for powdercoat. I am looking for a Cal Custom air cleaner to match the valve covers. Put my mustang LBP rotors on the mopar spindles and it looks like the machine shop finally got it right. Sent my 15" LBP ralleys in for Bright Silver powdercoat. Getting ready to paint the hood and doors. Summer is flying by!!!
Rat
img_7231-jpg.1714511156

View attachment IMG_7231.jpg

Last edited:
I have verified my mustang disc LBP mockup. Everything fits and is ready to be reassembled to the K-Frame. I decided to buy hemi71x's reconditioned calipers and not try to rebuild these even that was my intention at first. I am planning on painting the calipers the red body color of my car which should show nicely behind my newly powdercoated 15" LBP rallys. Still focusing on painting the hood and doors first tho----------------
The beat goes on, Rat
kh-mockup1-jpg.1714514838
kh-mockup2-jpg.1714514839

View attachment KH mockup1.JPG

View attachment KH mockup2.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Nice progress, love the car so far. You're building the exact body style and color combo that I want (except I want BB/4 speed/minitubs).

Really surprised you don't have neighbors flipping out over the outdoor painting - mine would be calling the EPA and the SWAT team as soon as I started spraying!

Looking great.
Nice home garage and a sweet gauntry crane in the industrial shop.

-
Back