Dougs Headers Hitting Steering Linkage

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Finally got my headers in my 65 barracuda but now have an issue with one one the drivers side pipes hitting steering linkage. I used a 73 disc set up but I don't think that is the issue. Take a look and maybe help me with my options!
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 322
Well beat the hell out of it then.

i would shim up the engine before i took a hammer to anything. a hammer to brand new expensive headers would be my last resort.

might not even need shims. you could loosen the motor mounts at the k frame and then push up on the one side of the engine with some creative jacking. could slide the motor into a better position.

My issue might be that I used 73 duster discs. That means the control arms as well. Any other feedback welcome

try 73 center link and steering linkage . the nuts faces down I figured that out on my Duster after I modified the 2 inch tube header.

try 73 center link and steering linkage . the nuts faces down I figured that out on my Duster after I modified the 2 inch tube header.

Don't think you can mix early and later A steering linkages. Whole different animal.

is center link on the right way? seen em put on backwards before... good luck shim up motor or make some special mounts..

-
Back