dougs headers mini starter

-

Cam1399

Reaction score
I just installed a set of dougs headers on a 74 duster with 360 727. Is this the starter I need? 1991-1995 dodge dakota v8 starter. I know there are several threads on this but couldnt find a picture Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

D453 headers right? If so, Yes that is the correct starter. And, you can also run the factory starter as well it will fit with clearance but IIRC the header has to be loosened,not completely unbolted, just enough to push the header outwards a little to get that thing in/out. The mini is an easy in an out process, with the header bolted up tight.

Perfect. I have my original bolted up but it looked like the header was hitting the starter. Ill have to look again. Thank you

I ran the Dougs D453’s with the Percys reusable gaskets (about as thick as typical header gaskets) and Remflex gaskets (much thicker) with the the big starter. I had no rubbing, it was close, but it cleared all the tubes on that side. Probably best to say your results may vary but the mini is a winner all around :)

There’s a kit that changes the stud direction 90 degrees for better clearance. A guy on here sells them.

I think I’ll just put the smaller starter on it. No telling how old this one is

How did the headers fit?
Fit great! The driver side with the starter, power steering, and all the other stuff fit perfect. The passenger side was a little tight. Had to ding it in a couple spots but overall was a breeze.

Fit great! The driver side with the starter, power steering, and all the other stuff fit perfect. The passenger side was a little tight. Had to ding it in a couple spots but overall was a breeze.
Great to hear that they fit with power steering.
It is factory power steering with the factory coupler, right?
The reason that I asked this is my '69 Dart has 453s on it and manual steering and I need to change it over to power steering because of my shoulders are quite painful these days...
Thank you.

Curious if you checked if the engine was in the right place, maybe the dings could have been avoided,
Regardless, good job !

Not sure on engine placement. Probably could have picked it up a hair and everything would have cleared with new mounts. But factory coupling.

-
Back