Drag home??

-
Yep $2000 to $3000 tops and you had better love the car. The minute you start working on it you'll be upside down for a long time.

Just to be safe before you drop the $'s find some way to look at the bottom. It's sitting in grass and that mean rot big time. Don't make any offer before you look. There are better cars for less money. I started on one of these projects and restored a couple of aircraft in this condition. Unless you love the hands on and have big $'s to spend. Run! Don't walk to the nearest exit. Some cases like this it is cheaper to give the sell $100.00and tell him to keep it....LMAO. Seriously it's like the old FRAM oil filter commercials....You can pay me now. Or you can pay me later. It's true, been there several times.
Good luck with your choice.

Doller to Donuts is a 318 trying to be a 340. Bottom Rust is bad rust.

i like it. Its pretty rare. I thought with a painted top the first code would be for the lower paint and the second would be for the top. I miht be way off on this one but if it was a black car with a gold top that would be very cool. I think the price is a little high but its still a neat car.

V88 is the butt stripe. In this case the second 8 indicates it's a delete. So the car would not have have a butt stripe on it.

No need to delete, but tell me the last time you didnt make a mistake??:prayer: Ya could've simply put it has headers. And yep I feel better

I make mistakes all the time :banghead:
Your correction post was not there when I opened the thread guess that's what I get for doing 5 different things at a time. I highlighted the area in question because as you indicated in your post factory manifolds have value.
I did not intend to "Call you out" just wanted to make sure the op saw it.
Glad you feel better :cheers:

Looks like it has potential. 6500.00 sounds a little steep, even for a 340 4spd dart in that shape. looks like it needs a lot of work.

Really? My buddy is from B.C. and I had the impression you should take a 340/4-Speed ANYTHING for 6k up there. FUN FACT: He has dual-citizenship and brings cars from WA up there to flip, then laughs his way to the bank (seriously, $500 US dollar cars & sells them for 3k-4k Canadian).

Really? My buddy is from B.C. and I had the impression you should take a 340/4-Speed ANYTHING for 6k up there. FUN FACT: He has dual-citizenship and brings cars from WA up there to flip, then laughs his way to the bank (seriously, $500 US dollar cars & sells them for 3k-4k Canadian).

So please find me a minimal rust 1970 340spd duster for $500 and I will give you a $500 finder's fee. I will pick it up during the portland swap meet this coming spring.

L=Dart, M=mid price, 23=two door hard top, P=340 eng, 9=year, B=assembly plant.

-
Back