Drag Week 2022 streaming now...

-
Where did you hear they DQ’ed him?
On the live feed, KJ said they’d had a video of someone cheating turned in, didn’t say what, A few minutes later, they said the Twin Turbo Duster was the one and would be DQ’d.

live chat feed had a whole bunch of folks talking about it too.

I’m glad he wasn’t. Seems like a cool dude and sweet ride.

On the live feed, KJ said they’d had a video of someone cheating turned in, didn’t say what, A few minutes later, they said the Twin Turbo Duster was the one and would be DQ’d.

live chat feed had a whole bunch of folks talking about it too.

I’m glad he wasn’t. Seems like a cool dude and sweet ride.

I heard them talking about stories, one was from the 1320 group from years ago about video of someone loading their car in a trailer and then showing up at the hotel and track without it, as if they drove it. I didn’t hear anything about issues this year, or about Trunkett and his Duster being DQ’ed. But I wasn’t listening really closely either, so I could have misunderstood.

Missed it in the chat as that is always way out of sync for me and it seemed like most of it was questions about Finnegan or Cleatus.

BTW, 1320 films (or whatever their name is) wasn’t on site this year.

I heard them talking about stories, one was from the 1320 group from years ago about video of someone loading their car in a trailer and then showing up at the hotel and track without it, as if they drove it. I didn’t hear anything about issues this year, or about Trunkett and his Duster being DQ’ed. But I wasn’t listening really closely either, so I could have misunderstood.

Missed it in the chat as that is always way out of sync for me and it seemed like most of it was questions about Finnegan or Cleatus.

BTW, 1320 films (or whatever their name is) wasn’t on site this year.
Yeah either way. They announced him officially as the class winner so he’s not DQ’d

My torque converter went out a week before we had to leave for Dragweek 2022. Sent it off and had it rebuilt. Let's just say the car hated the torque converter. It was waaaay too tight. The last few years this car has run consistent 10.00s with 10 lbs of boost. At test and tune on Sunday in St. Louis it was running 10.50s and .60s.

The goal in Street Machine eliminator is going getting in the top 32 quickest cars in that class without going quicker than 10.00. We were running 10.60s and 10.70s so I was afraid we weren't going to get into the top 32. In Cordova we put on a smaller procharger pulley to turn up the boost to try to over come the tighter torque converter. It woke the car up and we ran a 10.24 which really helped our average. Friday morning back in St. Louis I checked the oil at the hotel and it looked like we had water in the oil. It either lifted the head on that cordova pass or my stock block is starting to go. Anyway, I ran 10.51 the last day in St. Louis which qualified me for the top 32 car bracket race but we got rained out.

Overall the car ran great, with no mechanical issues on the road. Really proud of the car as this is the 5th Dragweek in a row we have finished. I'll try to post some pictures but I'm still catching up on work after being gone.

My torque converter went out a week before we had to leave for Dragweek 2022. Sent it off and had it rebuilt. Let's just say the car hated the torque converter. It was waaaay too tight. The last few years this car has run consistent 10.00s with 10 lbs of boost. At test and tune on Sunday in St. Louis it was running 10.50s and .60s.

The goal in Street Machine eliminator is going getting in the top 32 quickest cars in that class without going quicker than 10.00. We were running 10.60s and 10.70s so I was afraid we weren't going to get into the top 32. In Cordova we put on a smaller procharger pulley to turn up the boost to try to over come the tighter torque converter. It woke the car up and we ran a 10.24 which really helped our average. Friday morning back in St. Louis I checked the oil at the hotel and it looked like we had water in the oil. It either lifted the head on that cordova pass or my stock block is starting to go. Anyway, I ran 10.51 the last day in St. Louis which qualified me for the top 32 car bracket race but we got rained out.

Overall the car ran great, with no mechanical issues on the road. Really proud of the car as this is the 5th Dragweek in a row we have finished. I'll try to post some pictures but I'm still catching up on work after being gone.
You have any other drag and drives planned?

You have any other drag and drives planned?
Of course! I'm addicted. We plan to Rocky Mountain Race Week 1.0 next June and Dragweek 2023. We are building my wife a car to drag n drive also. 1968 Chrysler Cordova 2 door. Don't ask me why she wants to race a boat. Building a 512 big block for it. She doesn't want a cage so just shooting for 11.50s in the big car.

-
Back