Dratsum with his first MOPAR - '69 cuda Modtop

-

Dratsum

Reaction score
Hi All!

My name is Brain, but I go by Dratsum on the internet. I live in Brooklyn Ny. My girlfriend's (AKA "my wife's") first and only car is a 1969 Barracuda Mod Top with a slant 6. Totally stock. She drove it from about 1999-2005, when she put it in storage after we moved from GA to NYC.

For the last few years, we've been trying to get the car registered, inspected, approved, tagged, etc, so we could get it out of the garage and back on the road. It finally came together a couple weeks ago, and a mechanic friend of mine helped us get it running again. Changed the battery, replaced all the fluids, bled the brakes, etc.

:cheers:

She runs well, we actually have to replace the windshield to pass NY safety inspection. :wack:

Over all we want to improve the stopping power (considering front disc conversion) and the pick up... Bolt ons, etc, And take some dents off the body, rust taken care of, and deal with some rips in the upholstery. Get her in show off condition... She's not a trailer queen - but not a daily either (New Yorkers don't need to drive every day :burnout: )

IMG_5015-thumb.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

DON'T TAKE PHOTOS AND DRIVE! :cheers:

BuAHahAhhaHAha...

Other things - I design websites, I'm in a surf punk band (with my wife) and I like tiki drinks.

Anyway -- HOLA!

Drats.

Awesome dude. Hung out a lot in Park Slope. Live on the jersey shore and work in manhattan. Played in bands as well. You should play at the Lanes. In Asbury. Great scene down here! welcome!

Asbury Lanes! We've had plans to play there - but we're on hiatus while our guitarist kicks some health issues in the ***.

Welcome from Pittsburgh, Drats!
That's a nice Cuda you have there. I hope you don't leave it parked on the street too often.....

greetings from S.I. NY and welcome to FABO, wow a cuda in Brooklyn, its hard to find classic cars in Brooklyn + with heavy traffic there (here on the island is no different). she looks like a good daily driver

The Asbury scene is definitely cool and there are a few good venues as well as the Brighton in Long Branch. Gotta check out this ride!
What's the name of the band?

Welcome ! Your insane for driving that thing in the city ! LOL

Welcome from upstate SC. Nice car.
Give us a shout when you move back to the south. :)

Welcome Brian, enjoy this great site and keep us updated on this very cool barracuda
that has been put back on the road to enjoy.
This Mod Top Barracuda fits you and your style, Your Arkansas friend Mike.

Is your car in Julie's MODTOP registry?
That must have been some serious shock going from GA to NYC!!!!!

Welcome aboard, that sux about the windshield, I would do what you can to slip through the cracks on that one and say F-em

Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Here are some shots from when we first got her out of the garage. You can see rust stains on the rather dull paint. Compound waxing got those off... and brought the paint back to factory brilliance. You can see the dent in the door, the drivers side front fender, and several places where the paint has chipped away. Haven't gotten any advice about body work yet - we wanna keep the factory paint so nobody here wants to take those dents out for us :D

IMG_4964.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg

We took the trailer hitch off :D

IMG_4967.jpg

White wall city!

Need to actually go out for a photo shoot on a nice day - will post more pics then!

-Drats

Oh - and we got the windshield replaced! Not too bad for Brooklyn prices - $200 with glass. And the trip looks like it's never been touched.

-
Back