Dream 67 440 gt dart

-
Those sure look like some nice solid pieces, I bet a few members would've loved a set of those.

more snow awwwwww i want to work on the car

downsized_0123000907.jpg

well now its time to clean the valve covers so i started to take paint off to discover crome underneeth YAY

but wait its peeling in places

so i have stripp it

electrolosys is how im doing it

a batter charger on the car start setting positive on a peice of square tubing NOT touching the valve cover

and ground on the valve cover

5 gallons of water and 1/2 cup of baking soda

i will post after pictures once i take it out

this process is cool and amazing in my opinion everything goes to the square tubing

pictures are a after just a few min of sitting in there you can see all the crap it takes off first picture is before i touched them

0201100904a.jpg

0201101154a.jpg

0201101408a.jpg

what do ya think one has defects from when it was put in the mold i had to strip the old chrome off and repaint someday i will do a wrinkle paint

0201100904a.jpg

0204101120a.jpg

Lookin good so far chad... nice job on the valve covers.... but ya know... you really don't want that car! Yep, I figure you wanna give that project to me right? lol

i took the heads intake and headers off today

one cylinder was FULL of water when i took it off

i took a wire brush to the cylinder wall and it doesnt look good for the motor

pretty bummed the seller lied to me about the car

here are the pictures

the pools of liquid you see is wd40

i soaked up the water

downsized_0216001710.jpg

downsized_0216001711.jpg

downsized_0216001711a.jpg

I suppose the motor is locked ? Before giving up on it, pull it and disassemble. You might find it needs a sleeve or two - the other bores might clean up with a hone or an over bore ?? Give her a whirl, I've seen worse !

Pull it out and tear it apart. I had a 340 like this one time. Had to beat the pistons out with the wooden handle of a hammer. Cyclinders eneded up being good other than needing bored.

Yup, I agree with both above. I Have seen worse put back to the street and track! I know the disapointment you are feeling though. Hang in there!

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: If ya need to vent ya got my number!

At this point you can't hurt the engine - pull it, tear it down and clean it up so you can see what's what. You might be surprised what you find . . . "find that silver lining" - it's there beneath all the yuk somewhere. Keep us posted.

Sorry for this but I dont think the 74 B body brake parts will work. Maybe someone else will know better than I.

For certain what will work are the spindles adapters and upper control arm from a 73-76 A body. Those pieces from the 74 are good swap meet fodder though. You can use the B caliper adapters on A body spindles, those are good parts to reuse, giving you the better pin type caliper vs the sliders which were stock on A's, the calipers might work as well, you'd need to mock it up with the correct spindles on the car to make sure, main thing would be the brake hose routing. Pin type calipers came with different hose attachment points depending on the year and model.

i am using the spindles the calipers and the caliper bracket off of the brakes

a friend of mine might trade me the controll arms and the lower ball joints for abody ones YAY

Yay my amazing girlfriend got me CHROME for my motor for my bday
timing cover
valve covers(old ones are for sale)
valve cover breather
alternator bracket
dipstick

Yay my amazing girlfriend got me CHROME for my motor for my bday
timing cover
valve covers(old ones are for sale)
valve cover breather
alternator bracket
dipstick

No pics of the girlfriend putting your covers on?LOL.How,s the deal for the Ramcharger going?Maybe trade your 72?

-
Back