Drip..DRIP

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
OK for the longest time I have had a problem with my 90 that holds my oil filter dripping under hard load or when my motor is cold... I run a race pump on my 340 and pressure runs between 65 and 90 psi I just put new gaskets and washers in it 6 month ago and it is seeping again :sad8: any suggestions ?

OK for the longest time I have had a problem with my 90 that holds my oil filter dripping under hard load or when my motor is cold... I run a race pump on my 340 and pressure runs between 65 and 90 psi I just put new gaskets and washers in it 6 month ago and it is seeping again :sad8: any suggestions ?

Man I am in the same boat, my filter is at a 45 though, 360 motor, melling pump, same symptoms as you.

Check your mating surfaces for a nick...

Exactly where is the leak, between the adapter and the block or at the bolt head?

This 90* adapter is like beating a dead dog. It seems like a lot of people have had problems with them. I ended up taking mine off. Good Luck.

Did you try re-torqueing the bolt? Mine started seeping after a while and I re-torqued the bolt (gasket probably shrunk a little) and it never leaked again. If that doesn't do it check the adapter for warpage.

i got rid of mine too,tti headers dont need to use it....

A little over enthusiastice gasket cleaning can mess up the flatness. Been there done that. During a thrash to make an event of course. Take it off and check the surface on something real flat like plate glass or an older steel topped table saw, you get the idea. If it is even slightly unflat it won't seal. Use the same flat surface to lap it with fine sand paper or cloth.

Same as above post. Cleared my Hooker's fine. My buddys 340 Challenger has one. He used a Fel Pro kit. Had two different gaskets,used the wrong one. The other one,fixed it. As for the Right Stuff,nothing that leaks used right......

To clarify using right stuff, i only put a thin coating on the sides of the gasket

Seriously R.R.,I mean it.This is the best stuff,I have used,short of the G.M grey sealer.Probably ,the same stuff.

?.. Got all gaskets in the right places... : small diameter, thick cork-neoprene gasket installs between inside “boss” of casting and engine block, small diameter, thin metal-core reinforced gasket installs under head of ¾” diameter attaching bolt and large diameter gasket installs between O.D. of adapter and engine block

Mine leaked because I had an old gasket still in the large boss, didnt see it as it was spray bombed when I got it. Scraped it and new gaskets have worked.

I had issues with one awhile ago and finally said screw it, took it off and just ran a magnum style filter.

-
Back