drive shaft?

-

dm340

Reaction score
I need to get my drive shaft shorten or buy a new one. I live in amherst,ohio near lorain,oh. Is it ok to shorten a stock drive shaft? I went from a 904 to 727 and been driving with the drive shaft to long. Do you think I hurt the balancing of the motor? Dave

Your local transmission shop,should beable to help you out.Just take them the correct measurements or someone will chime in if you tell us what car,engine/tranny/rear.good luck.

...........I'd like 2 see how u took up the 4 in difference...........u at least got a shorter shaft?................kim....

I need to get my drive shaft shorten or buy a new one. I live in amherst,ohio near lorain,oh. Is it ok to shorten a stock drive shaft? I went from a 904 to 727 and been driving with the drive shaft to long. Do you think I hurt the balancing of the motor? Dave

If you have a vibration, you'll ruin seals / bearings in the diff and trans.

If the shaft is too long you shouldn't have been able to get it in.

If you remove the straps from the end yoke and push the shaft forward how far will it move in before bottoming out, and with the rear suspension at ride height? ? ?

As for switching yokes from one shaft to another.

When ever you make a major change to the driveshaft you should re-balance it.

Shafts are balanced as a assembled unit, if they're not, then they aren't balanced correctly and really aren't balanced.

So did that shaft come with that slip yoke and was it on that shaft in the same position ? no, then it should be re-balanced.

-
Back