Drivers door window chanel

-

67dartgtgo

Reaction score
How can I repair this without replacing the whole Chanel assembly?
Thanks fabo

Attachments

• image-1998765196.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 270
  • image-997605591.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 248
So I've looked all over for some kind of replacement slider insert for the chanel but have come up empty. Seems like it should be pretty simple right. Really shouldn't have to be as hard as replacing the whole chanel. Just seems like a lot of work to make this right.

You have to take the whole Assembly out of your door to replace that guide, heres a link to the part you need,, if your "whiskers" are poor,, order them too, as some have found it nec to remove the whisker, or damage it and the paint..

http://nationalmoparts.com/index.ph...uide&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

I'll try and find a U.S. link,, here.

http://www.partsmix.com/67-74-A-BOD...HANNEL-PM-CHRY32230-WIN-180.htm?categoryId=-1

Link for removing the Vent frame assmbly ..

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=60157&highlight=drivers+window

hope it helps

Thanks inertia....the channel section itself is still good but I was wondering if it would be possible to install the pin guides on the window and pop them into the channel without disassembling my door.
I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pull out the vent window if that's the only way.
Was just trying to avoid it.

how did your glass get like that? Is your regulator still functioning properly? the pics show the glass , the vent frame & door glass is to be installed as an assembly per the FSM , you can however separate the door glass -- take the top rubber molding off the vent assembly , & remove the door glass from the regulator & it will slide out the top. your cat whiskers might not allow this -- good Luck ,Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 223
  • tools 002 (Large).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 228
Lawrence...the window and regulator function fine I just hold it in the channel with my finger as I roll it up or down. One day I was rolling the window down and it just slid out of the channel a little bit due to the fact the guide pin broke off...from age, brittleness, rot or whatever. I still have the guide but it's totally unusable.
Thanks

good (on the regulator)
the reference pics I put on are 1969 glass-- they have the peg at the rear. your car should not have that peg-- but sliding the glass through your door felts might be a chore & getting them out unscathed is also a tough feat.

the felt is completely gone on your vent frame piece --that is why it came loose--- the new felt will tighten that up & it should not pop out again. they used to have that at the dealer --but I think it is depleted stock now. most kits come with new connectors--

Clean the vent frame out from debris & the window will roll up nice & smooth. mine had some splatter in the channel-- causing binding-- removed the little bumps 7 a much smoother operation.

Lawrence

From what I deduced the whole frame has to come out to replace the Chanel.
Both year one and Classic sell them.

Ill send the PN when I get home.

Edit:

I see Inertia posted links to the Chanel already..

A while back I documented my Side glass removal .. take a look at the link below it may be insightful.

The thread starts here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...9&postcount=63

And

More info on the quarter glass and side glass can be found here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...=254194&page=3

Good luck.

-AlV

how did you ever make out with this ?? i kinda have the same issue and dont really need the whole thing as i just lost half of one of the while slide clips ( what are they really called and can you buy them separate by themselves)

thanks

Forward glass guides. About 7 years ago there was one dealership that had those available separately and sold them on ebay. Hendricks Dodge maybe ? 30 dollars each or some ridiculous price ?
In my opinion there is far too much labor involved to even consider a less than proper, complete repair.
Some of you may already know this... If the top of the door glass drops out, and not repaired post haste, the stainless trim on the door glass will make scars in the stainless trim on the quarter glass. Scars that don't polish out easily.

Layson's had a factory guide, a while back when I needed one,, $92 for one side., IIRC.

I have no doubt it's better than these cheap replacements. ..

Two heart attacks in a row,,

1, they had it in stock,, I've never heard that before from them..
2, the price... mopars.. grrrr

hope it helps

Layson's had a factory guide, a while back when I needed one,, $92 for one side., IIRC.

I have no doubt it's better than these cheap replacements. ..

Two heart attacks in a row,,

1, they had it in stock,, I've never heard that before from them..
2, the price... mopars.. grrrr

hope it helps

The problem is the only thing that I'm missing is one of the little white plastic clips. It's hard to believe that I would have to buy that whole thing just to get one little plastic clip that's the thing I'm having a hard time getting by because the rest of my parts are fine just missing that one stupid little piece

-
Back